CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

I liked Power Rangers for the first hour. But when they start the training it craters hard. The CGI and vibe of the film from then on just does not mesh with the Power Rangers motif at all. And those suits... *woof*. I was actually glad the actors spent most of the last act with their faces visible, because the mannequin lips on the suits were horrifying.

Edited by Biggestgeekever

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Or have confidence in yourself and just pick the number you think is most likely:)...

It's not a confidence issue.  For my degree I'm trained to deliver relative accuracy, a range is much more accurate (and speaks more of the scenario) than a precise number.

Think of polling, they give a precise number, but then they also all have margins of error (which when all is said and done is just a fancier term for a likely range).  I'll give a precise number when I make a prediction, but when it comes to seeing a the preview number and trying to determine where the OW might fall, it's more realistic to give a range.

I prefer accuracy to having bragging rights.

Edited by The Panda

Just now, La Binoche said:

20 minutes too long like all Judd Apatow movies but really good and stolen by Ray Romano and Holly Hunter :) 

I've missed your opinions. What's your favorite films this year so far?

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think Thor will miss it because of its close proximity to Justice League.

I think so too if it has an OW under $125M. I can see Disney pulling of Thor/Jedi double features over Coco/Jedi, if it's around $280M-$285M by the time Jedi releases.

• Like 1

I am shocked and appalled at those preview numbers for SMH, should've been much much higher. I expect it to make up for that low preview number on Friday

Edited by DMan7

Just checked for tickets for SMH at my two local reserved seating theaters and it is SOLD OUT all day today. 

Brace yourselves folks. A massive OW is coming. Spidey mania is alive and kicking! 

:ohmygod:

• Like 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think Thor will miss it because of its close proximity to Justice League.

I would be  shocked if Thor misses 300 after all the hype and attention that teaser generated. It was pretty much on par with The Last Jedi's teaser. Obviously I know it's just the internet, but still interest for Ragnarok seems far more on par with CW then it does either of the first two movies. If marketing stays as strong and it has Tomato Law in its favor, I say 350 will happen. 

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

I am shocked and appalled at those preview numbers for SMH, should've been much much higher. I expect it to make up for that low preview number on Friday

if you expected $200m OW ur right