CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

the one spider-man tradition that homecoming seems to have unfortunately dropped is having songs from the cringiest bands. Spider-Man 2's double credits whammy of Dashboard Confessional and Train is hard to beat there. though 3 has a Jet song in the credits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the one spider-man tradition that homecoming seems to have unfortunately dropped is having songs from the cringiest bands. Spider-Man 2's double credits whammy of Dashboard Confessional and Train is hard to beat there. though 3 has a Jet song in the credits.

Coldplay fills up 80 000 people stadiums all over the world like U2, AC DC and the Rolling Stones.

-_-

Edited by The Futurist

My biggest problem with the Raimi Spider-Man movies is one that didn't become fully apparent till SM3, and it's that Raimi really had no idea what to do with MJ, so he did the same thing over and over. But this is a problem I have with alot of the nerdboy favorite directors. It's like women are aliens to them or something, so they barely bother. Nolan is probably the worst of the bunch, but Raimi and Wright aren't too far off. Whedon, even with his issues, at least seems to be aware that women can be, you know, characters with something resembling development.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

That Spidey 2002 soundtrack was one of my prized possessions. Aerosmith FTW.

Edited by cannastop

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Its the worst MCu  movie atl least imo 

I dont think it's dreadful or even bad, for me it leans more towards good, it's just a scary vision for the future in regards to these studio mandated franchise films - a film played way too safe, way too formulaic, lazy, banking on just being passable as a good enough reason to see it or even recommend it. It was like they said "just as long as people dont hate it its fine. If people can watch it once and forget about it it's even better".

1 minute ago, AJG said:

I dont think it's dreadful or even bad, for me it leans more towards good, it's just a scary vision for the future in regards to these studio mandated franchise films - a film played way too safe, way too formulaic, lazy, banking on just being passable as a good enough reason to see it or even recommend it. It was like they said "just as long as people dont hate it its fine. If people can watch it once and forget about it it's even better".

How I felt about Cap 3.

• Like 1

There are two kinds of Spider-man fans: Those who think Raimi is a god and those who prefer Homecoming.

There are two kinds of Batman fans: Those who think Nolan is god and those who prefer Batman the Animated Series.

When you're in both the latter groups you feel like you're on a Bizarro planet where Spider-man 1 and The Dark Knight Rises are "great" movies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I've never chosen to listen to Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional, but I know most of the words thanks to constantly watching the Spiderman 2 DVD. I can remember the trailer before the movie on the DVD too, something called Steamboy.

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

#SpiderManHomecomingSpiderMan_Emoji.png surging to high 40s for opening day incl pre-shows. Super strong showing. Wknd may break $120M ahead of long run.

I may have over predicted with my 135 m OW estimates but I'm glad SMH flew past the 100-110 m early predictions.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

There are two kinds of Spider-man fans: Those who think Raimi is a god and those who prefer Homecoming.

There are two kinds of Batman fans: Those who think Nolan is god and those who prefer Batman the Animated Series.

When you're in both the latter groups you feel like you're on a Bizarro planet where Spider-man 1 and The Dark Knight Rises are "great" movies.

You are not alone, buddy. It's crazy how well you've described me while describing yourself, so kudos haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

I truly wonder what MCU film will be their first rotten one (not middling or so-so, like many consider The Incredible Hulk and Thor 2), but rotten. As in, under 50 % rotten on RT. It will happen at some point, but when, and to which film? 

Thor The Dark World is rotten according to top critics ( 47% )

The Incredible Hulk is also rotten according to top critics ( 59%)

Iron Man 2 is also rotten according to top critics ( 59%), but it's a "certified fresh rotten", because the movie was overall certified fresh with 72% on RT unlike Thor 2 and TIH.