Finnick

Monday numbers: SMH: 12.2M, DM3 4.3M, BD 1.67M, WW 1.18M Today, we celebrate our MOEDAY

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

In my opinion, the latest spiderman by tom holland, is another proof that we are in the era of physical masculinity.

The previous 2 spiderman doesn't need to be too muscular, same goes to the superhero character on screen in 1980 and 1990, at least they won't emphasise on great chest, or abs that much.

But since then, cap america, thor, antman, batman and etc, their muscular or near perfect physical figure become essential, even for a spiderman that just 15 years old in the homecoming....

Correct me if I wrong, this was what I observed in recent CBM culture   

There's definitely something to that. When I was at university the skinny rocker look was in vogue. I'll leave you to guess how long ago that was.

Scott Mendelson says that he writes so many Wonder Woman articles cuz they get good traffic. I keep hearing someone say why do they write so many Wonder Woman articles because they get good traffic. That's always the answer.

Correct me if I wrong, this was what I observed in recent CBM culture

Superheroes are a male power fantasy you know, guys want their heroes to be super buff and huge so they can pretend to be them.

Just like females want their heroes to be super sexy and have fantastic legs like Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

I'm gonna guess this trajectory for Spider-Man.

Monday: $12.5m

Tuesday: $15.4m (+23.2%)

Wednesday: $9.9m (-35.7%)

Thursday: $8.8m (-11.1%)

Which gives it a $163.6m total going into the weekend. It was hard to find a great comp for this, unfortunately, since the last few mega-hits in July have all been Illumination's kid flicks. Now let's try the weekend:

Friday: $13.6m (+54.6%)

Saturday: $18.4m (+35.3%)

Sunday: $13.5m (-26.6%)

That's a $45.5m 3-day weekend, or just over a 61% drop from the opening weekend. I think low 50s is definitely the best case scenario.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah. Hoping for info on Stephen J. Anderson's latest movie, whatever Lin-Manuel Miranda and Byron Howard are doing, and a possible Zootopia sequel.

Some Pixar news would be excellent too. Hoping some new dates for films are revealed. I'm willing to bet that the Disneytoon film in April 2019 is a Mickey Mouse film since it's close-ish to the anniversary or one of their TV shows getting an adaptation.

• Like 2

Just now, Mojoguy said:

The meltdowns when Spidey doesn't drop 40% this weekend shall be glorious.

There are honestly people who believe that Spidey is going to drop in the 40 percentile range solely because Wonder Woman did and that is baffling to me. And yes I do expect plenty of freak-outs when the movie drops over 50% this weekend.

• Like 1