That One Girl

D23 Expo 2017 | July 14-16 | It is over. Disney is bankrupt. RIP

The Incredibles 2 sounds really good. Making Elastigirl the main character is a great idea anyway.

As for WIR2, I'm gonna reserve judgment until I see it, but I actually don't think the concept of bringing all the Disney princesses is that bad. Certainly could be clever if they go all the way with it, so to say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Wait what the fuck lol? Planes 2 underperformed big time without competition.

Exactly. I mean it's for merchandise cash but still judging by Cars 3 and Planes 2 performance will anyone care?

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother said:

Exactly. I mean it's for merchandise cash but still judging by Cars 3 and Planes 2 performance will anyone care?

Pretty sure we have seen the last of Cars made by Pixar. I can see a spin-off within the same Universe with other cars being made by the Toons team or whatever they are called, tho.

WRECK-IT RALPH 2 sounds like a bit of a mess. I loved the first one, but a lot of the video game references felt kind of forced. (Not to mention the main poster that was all game cameos and not a single character besides Ralph) I'm still intrigued, however.

Maybe WIR2 isn't for us. It's actually just a middle finger to all the other studios. They just want to wave their metaphorical dick around and show how many IP's they have under their belt compared to everyone else.

• Like 7

I do remember a lot of people falling into the trap of thinking the video game cameos would make the first WIR a really big zeitgeist movie; forgetting that the story itself had to be extremely resonant as well. 

The princess gag still sounds like it could be an uproarious hook like the DMV scene in Zootopia. But it remains to be seen if the rest of the movie can live up to it. 

Edited by tribefan695

I wish Disney had not given up on Disney Infinity so easily.  This movie would have easily given the figures used in that game a story to connect them.

Also, it is worth remembering that 4 of the 6 main voice actors of Big Hero 6 are reprising their roles for the upcoming Disney XD series.  So, it is possible that we could see Baymax in some form in WIR2.

I agree with the hypothesis that Pixar may have finally found a way to rework King of the Elves with the untitled Suburbian flick. King of the Elves and Newt are of course 2 announced then canceled projects that I would love to see get made.

Newt I can take or leave getting revived. Perhaps a good director can make something special out of the premise but it's not something I think they really need to try again if they don't know how to make it work. The Good Dinosaur already backfired on them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

The buzzfeed parody sounds cringy to me, but that princess stuff sounds like it could be funny.

That sounds worse than the buzzfeed thing. Playing off your own legacy is always obnoxious to me

At least Incredibles 2 sounds awesome and the Scanlon movie has potential

Edited by Blankments