CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I feel I like about four or five Brad Pitt performances. *checks* Seems right. Moneyball, Burn After Reading, 12 Monkeys, Snatch, A River Runs Through It, Inglorious Basterds, and Seven, so that's........seven (ca ching). I feel like at the very least Seven could have been better with someone else in that role, probably a couple others too. Some of these are more just really great movies he is good enough in. 

He is super good in Burn After Reading though.

i actually don't even like his performance in 12 monkeys that much. lowkey brad pitt didn't really become a good actor until the 2000s. you can actually see him get better through his filmography though which is kinda rare. lotta big stars start strong and burn out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I feel I like about four or five Brad Pitt performances. *checks* Seems right. Moneyball, Burn After Reading, 12 Monkeys, Snatch, A River Runs Through It, Inglorious Basterds, and Seven, so that's........seven (ca ching). I feel like at the very least Seven could have been better with someone else in that role, probably a couple others too. Some of these are more just really great movies he is good enough in. 

C'mon man you didn't list one of the best

I also think his brashness in Seven is exactly right for it. And him in Tree of Life is one of the most memorable performances in a Malick film.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

True Romance is his best. My favourite actually.

Edit: Dammit Jake Gittes

The Assassination of Jesse James though. Juxtaposing him to Casey Affleck is genius.

Edited by dashrendar44

22 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The more Floyd love the better

Yeah, there's something burlesque to see Brad Pitt, the teen idol of the nineties in a bit part as a couch pothead slacking all day long as the characters enter and leave the stage around him like the eye of the storm amidst the chaos of the day.(Well, technically he doomed all the main characters :hahaha:)

The fact that Apatow created a whole movie around the concept of Floyd, the character was a proto-Lebowski.

Edited by dashrendar44

Cruise hasn't worked with a prestigey director since, what, Redford in 2007? Spielberg in 05? These days if it's not Mission Impossible he seems to gravitate towards action films by journeymen and not much else. He probably has more creative control that way. 

17 minutes ago, aabattery said:

NOBODY CONTROLS LIMAN

wRKhJd8.png&key=5b2ace0074177c4d907fb468

Yeah I've heard the stories. Regardless he's a wildly inconsistent director. Cruise seems allergic to the greats as of late. I miss the guy who worked with Kubrick, Spielberg, Mann, and PTA in a span of a few years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ryan Reynolds said:

If Tom does Top Gun 2, it likely won't be crap, i doubt he would make a sequel to his most iconic role if he thought it would be bad

He's made so many crappy movies in the last years tho. The Mummy was just last year. 

And the original is such an 80s movie. I doubt it will be any good. I have already prepared my UNDER 100M club

4 hours ago, Goffe said:

I'm sure Tarantino will do his thing and get pretty good performances from them both, but I find Dicaprio and Pitt pretty mediocre actors.

I will say, both of them...are very much...THEM...with regards to their acting.  They inhabit a space similar to Tom Cruise.  

But I will say, both of them, do themselves, very well.  I hope that makes sense.  So I disagree, they aren’t mediocre, but they’re not character actors either, even though they try to extend.

But QT brings out the best in anyone he works with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Yeah I've heard the stories. Regardless he's a wildly inconsistent director. Cruise seems allergic to the greats as of late. I miss the guy who worked with Kubrick, Spielberg, Mann, and PTA in a span of a few years. 

Well, no lie, TC has been leaning in o working with directors who he’s comfortable with these days more than just like...every fucking great director he can find.

On the other hand, the ones he’s running with are still very good.  He’s living in a different world these Days.  He’s what, 55?  And he can’t sell a drama like the old days.