CoolioD1

Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood | July 26 2019 | Digital Foot Technology | RIP Cinerama Dome

1 hour ago, MrGamer said:

James Marsden's in this too. Sounds like he could be our Manson. 

wow can't believe james marsden is gonna win the supporting actor oscar for this AND the lead actor oscar for Sonic. 2019 the year of cyclops. 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

wow can't believe james marsden is gonna win the supporting actor oscar for this AND the lead actor oscar for Sonic. 2019 the year of cyclops. 

Marsden to everyone else currently working:

maxresdefault.jpg

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

44 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Cat fraud, he's supporting in Sonic

So Marsden is in it, but no confirmation he will play Manson?

It would be a very QT thing to do to not show Manson,since Manson did not actually take part in the murders, just gave the orders.

This could be the film where Tarantiono finally gets rid of the "One Trick Pony..all he does is riffs on some genre films he likes" label, or it could be a total disaster for him. He is certainly going to have to a much more careful touch with tthis one then he has in the past.

He could piss off a LOT of people in Hollywood if he messes up. The Manson murders are still very much a painful memory.

Meanwhile I just read that somebody is doing a quickie Tate biopic to try to cash in on this ,with Tate being played by.....you might want to swallow whatever you are drinking at the moment so you don't spit it out.....Hilary Duff......

Edited by dudalb

7 minutes ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

Here's a few lovely set photos before filming begins:

https://imgur.com/a/okq2Rn8

There's also this entertaining thread on Twitter: 

So Tarantino got permission from the Hollywood Cinerama Dome theater to dress it to look like it did in the summer of 1969...cool.

I just did a quick check and "Krakatoa, East of Java" would have been playing there in the summor of 1969.

I think that was the last film produced in Cinerama..but don't quote me on that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

So Tarantino got permission from the Hollywood Cinerama Dome theater to dress it to look like it did in the summer of 1969...cool.

I just did a quick check and "Krakatoa, East of Java" would have been playing there in the summor of 1969.

I think that was the last film produced in Cinerama..but don't quote me on that.

Quentin bringing attention to older obscure film as usual lol. Already added it to my watchlist.

Also, I saw some footage from the set on Instagram, but it seems to have been taken down. Not much shown (don't think any notable cast members where there), but Edgar Wright visited the set.