franfar

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (yes that's the subtitle) | May 24, 2024 | Anya Taylor-Joy is Furiosa + Chris Hemsworth

In the article Deadline says...As a comp, Fury Road opened to $46.5M at today’s rates in the same suite of markets that are going this session.

Deadline maybe lowballing the Domestic number but the OS number doesnt seem like it using Fury Road as a comp

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

Not as bad as WWE choreographing a match to have someone be put in a 30-second headlock in order for them to run a clip of The Fall Guy.

1 hour ago, Mad Max007 said:

This was great, Miller still has it better than any action director now. I'll say though, Chris stole the show completely.

It seems like the people who bother to see it will like enjoy it. Seem to be saying that a lot lately.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

It seems like the people who bother to see it will like enjoy it. Seem to be saying that a lot lately.

It feels like we rinse and repeat every weekend. No matter how good a movie is unless its an "event" the audience that still goes to theaters is limited.  Its why, I didnt think Deadline's 80m worldwide opening was a lowball. 

Edited by JimmyB

Chapters 3-4 are fantastic, bur 2 and 5 drag the movie down. Also there's kinda a hole between 3 and 4 and I'd prefer to watch more of Joy and Burk charecter together than young Furisa, the whole hour for her is too much. 

• Like 1

I liked it - this was a good enough film. There are some great sequences, but some sections do drag and the emotional core of the film is nowhere near as strong as Fury Road. 

Anya Taylor Joy is great.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, emoviefan said:

10 hours ago, JustLurking said:

WOM in the markets where it has opened is extremely strong. Unfortunately doubt it'll matter much but it is what it is.

Seeing this on saturday.

Being an all out prequel, despite being the best one? will hurt it for sure. The 2010s were honestly a better time for these franchises.

• Like 1

Absolutely astonishing film, stunned for most of it. I'd put it below Fury Road and Road Warrior (10/10s) but this is a super strong 9/10 for me. I certainly felt the length and slower pacing but was never bored. It's a different beast to Fury Road and if anything...closer to the original Mad Max if anything. I dont have high hopes in general audience reception.

Miller's filmography has always been obsessed with and about mythology but Three Thousand Years of Longing and Furiosa ARE mythology.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, cinema pal said:

Chapters 3-4 are fantastic, bur 2 and 5 drag the movie down. Also there's kinda a hole between 3 and 4 and I'd prefer to watch more of Joy and Burk charecter together than young Furisa, the whole hour for her is too much. 

thought chapter 2 was pretty cool, but you're right about 5

think the movie would have been better served cutting it entirely 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

4 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

thought chapter 2 was pretty cool

It thought it was overlong and ridiculous in places

Spoiler

We're told how precious healthy girls and women are, and yet, Furiosa had no problem posing as a boy for many many years, being so girlish and beautiful. No dirty clothes will hide it, sorry. And not a single person saw it, no one told Joe while he is so pesperate to have healthy children . And then later on Joe has zero interest in Furiosa when he se her with Jack. It was just silly

Have just seen this. I think it's unfair to actually rate this because I fell asleep and I don't know how much I missed. I thought it was unnecessarily long and somewhat repetitive. The action and camerawork were great, though. I thought the stand out was actually the young Furiosa. 😅 I need a rewatch. For now, it's 6.5 / 10.0 for me.