Finnick

Tuesday Numbers: SMH 15M, DM3 6.7M, BD 2.29M, WW 1.64M

1 hour ago, Subzero said:

Well if it's was up to me I wouldn't eat much from the theater either, but with a swarm of little monsters, most times we had no choice :sadno:

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

I get by with 2 large popcorns...of which I eat none of...but when I was a kid, my parents bought it for me, too, and I loved it, so I'm not gonna deny my kids - I'm just gonna find really cheap tickets and theaters which give you one free refill (so when the boys finish their bucket, they can have another one with no more money out of my pocket:)...

Those without Kids doesn't know the half.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, grim22 said:

It might, I just put numbers it would do by holding about the same as Ant-Man the rest of the week. The Cheap Tuesday bump is slightly higher than Ant-Man, but Cheap Tuesdays are also pretty much supercharged now compared to 2015. If only AMC theaters joins the bandwagon, Cheap Tuesday will pretty much be bigger than any day of the second weekend @Boner Omega

:winomg:

Just saw Spidey...man, it's the year to be a supers fan!  Best Spidey villain and Spider-Man hero of all the movies:).  Supporting cast is a touch weaker (except for one continuing hilarious cameo), movie is a little uneven, but the movie pulls you in more and more as the movie goes and culminates in its best act - the 3rd one!  It is an ideal movie for 3-103.  Funny enough, we actually watched this in a sold out theater with 4 senior citizens next to us, who seemed to also really enjoy the movie.

He's a Spidey you want to root for...and that's exactly who Spidey should be.  And it's not a story with "damsels in distress who need saving."  It's a story of a kid learning to be a hero...and that was such a perfect story to tell for this hero.  Any more and I'll get spoilery, but it was really great.

As for grades...

Older girls - As

Younger boys A+s - I'll have two Spidermen for Halloween - there is no doubt - their eyes didn't leave the screen - they LOVED this:)

Spouse - A- (same grade as WW)

Me - A- (same grade as WW)

Forced to pick which to see again, WW or Spidey, I'm not sure I could pick:)...and that's the way it should be.

Good legs incoming...maybe not WW-sized, but 2.6ers...I'd be sweating your calls:)...

Sony should send a thank you to the Marvel folks for this one:)...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Just saw Spidey...man, it's the year to be a supers fan!  Best Spidey villain and Spider-Man hero of all the movies:).  Supporting cast is a touch weaker (except for one continuing hilarious cameo), movie is a little uneven, but the movie pulls you in more and more as the movie goes and culminates in its best act - the 3rd one!  It is an ideal movie for 3-103.  Funny enough, we actually watched this in a sold out theater with 4 senior citizens next to us, who seemed to also really enjoy the movie.

He's a Spidey you want to root for...and that's exactly who Spidey should be.  And it's not a story with "damsels in distress who need saving."  It's a story of a kid learning to be a hero...and that was such a perfect story to tell for this hero.  Any more and I'll get spoilery, but it was really great.

As for grades...

Older girls - As

Younger boys A+s - I'll have two Spidermen for Halloween - there is no doubt - their eyes didn't leave the screen - they LOVED this:)

Spouse - A- (same grade as WW)

Me - A- (same grade as WW)

Forced to pick which to see again, WW or Spidey, I'm not sure I could pick:)...and that's the way it should be.

Good legs incoming...maybe not WW-sized, but 2.6ers...I'd be sweating your calls:)...

Sony should send a thank you to the Marvel folks for this one:)...

I loved the villain myself, just perfect for this Spidey.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I loved the villain myself, just perfect for this Spidey.

I absolutely LOVED the Vulture concept and Michael Keaton's portrayal of it...he ranks up there with Ledger and Nicholson from the Batman movies for my favorite portrayed villain in a super movie ever - his material was that good, and his acting was that good!:)  He was so perfect for this movie and this universe...he might be my favorite part of the movie, even better than Spidey, and I thought Spidey was absolutely spot-on, too:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

And in other news, we got a Justice League trailer...that movie looks a lot more appealing than BvS did in trailers...and Batman seems both more human and more Batman - I enjoyed Affleck in those few snippets more than I ever enjoyed him in BvS, so his Batman may grow on me yet:)...

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

And in other news, we got a Justice League trailer...that movie looks a lot more appealing than BvS did in trailers...and Batman seems both more human and more Batman - I enjoyed Affleck in those few snippets more than I ever enjoyed him in BvS, so his Batman may grow on me yet:)...

Be honest; it was the joke, wasn't it?

:sadben:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Lucky You, I been to the Movies 3 times within the 2 week span and not once did I get a JL trailer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

Lucky You, I been to the Movies 3 times within the 2 week span and not once did I get a JL trailer.

I was psyched b/c so many of you said there were no supers trailers on the movie:)...I was shocked that WB got their product seen on a Marvel movie:)...and it was the very 1st trailer, so it was a great way to start:)...

• Like 2