Finnick

Tuesday Numbers: SMH 15M, DM3 6.7M, BD 2.29M, WW 1.64M

August may not have a SS/GotG-level blockbuster this year, but it should still be exciting. Many movies will probably be at least medium-sized hits plus there's gonna be a couple strong July holdovers. IMO August this year is looking better than 2015.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I get by with 2 large popcorns...of which I eat none of...but when I was a kid, my parents bought it for me, too, and I loved it, so I'm not gonna deny my kids - I'm just gonna find really cheap tickets and theaters which give you one free refill (so when the boys finish their bucket, they can have another one with no more money out of my pocket:)...

LOL yeah pretty much the same. I also use the cinemark app, which will give away free small popcorn or drink if we have it turn on silent mode during the movie.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Barnack said:

A quick look:

Hidden Figure: 30

mama mia: 32

Lord of the rings: 35

Wonder Woman: 40 ?

Dark Knight: 40

The Blind Side: 45

Spider-Man (2002): 45

Hunger game Catching fire: 45

Look like it will need to get over 45 days to get into special top 5 category.

Titanic: 101 (lol)

I've checked some of the leggier movies at mojo and it seems like quite a few went beyond 50 straight days above $1m: Titanic, Avatar, ET, Phantom menace, Frozen, Finding Nemo, Shrek 2, Avengers (not sure if it's all). I think it needs to surpass Nemo (59 days) to enter the Top 5 and that's not happening.

• Like 1

August looks kinda exciting just because literally everything is a wildcard. No matter what people say, I'm having a hard time predicting Dark tower, Detroit, Annabelle, Hitman's Bodyguard etc

• Like 2

4 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

why is it take them a much longer time to have box office number from a newcomers than a movie which are 6 weeks old?

I guessing that Scots above and beyond stanning for WW has made him some friends at WB/DC and they are feeding him advanced information as a thank you.

Both Gal and Geoff Johns are linking to him on twitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Lmao I'm the only one in the Apes triple feature and it starts in 7 minutes.

That's why I didn't go. Chances are I'd be the only one there and I have the Blu-Rays at home so not really worth it. Why can't my theater ever do anything like the Guardians Double Feature that'll get more of an audience ? They did the Mockingjay double feature and there was a plenty decent number of fangirls. 

Was looking at Apes opening weekends and realized that in the Summer of 2001 Mummy Returns, Planet of the Apes and Rush Hour 2 all came within 4M of the OW record in one summer. POTA had awful legs though, barely making 2.5x in 2001.

26 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I guessing that Scots above and beyond stanning for WW has made him some friends at WB/DC and they are feeding him advanced information as a thank you.

Both Gal and Geoff Johns are linking to him on twitter.

Before Gal and Geoff, Patty retweeted him a few times and also gave him an interview.

Gal linked to him on twitter just once so far, 2 or 3 days ago, and it was after Patty tweeted his article and added a mention of Gal. 

He started his last few articles about WW saying there's traffic for these pieces and that people want to read them, so he keeps writing them. I enjoy reading them. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GrimFandango said:

Jeezus that's disturbing!!!

Yes it's. sometimes we tend to forget and take for granted the freedom we have and live in such a great country that we become spoil and gets too carry away. Freedom is good but it can become scary ..... especially when the ball is way in left field.

5 minutes ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

This is looking to be the first summer without a billion dollar grosser since 2009

Yeah looks like DM3 and Spidey will be close but no cigar.