WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wondering how Apes opening below tracking shows Tomato Law's power, but keep tilting those windmills.

It is gonna crack the 60M, dammit! Hopefully. Maybe. That within the latest tracking rage and above the 50-60M tracking was saying for months!

Spoiler

:sadben: 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

It is gonna crack the 60M, dammit! Hopefully. Maybe. That within the latest tracking rage and above the 50-60M tracking was saying for months!

Reveal hidden contents

The final range was high 50s to low 60s. So it should have opened to 70 right based on the great reviews and outopened Dawn. 

Just now, The Dark Alfred said:

Apes will defo finish above Kong, possibly ahead of Pirates with great August holds. SMHC might be in trouble, losing IMAX will guarantee a sizeable drop plus Dunkirk will grab all the headlines, Spidey will fade to just above 300m finish, 310m looking likely at this point. Closer to TASM then to Tobey. I would seriously consider bringing him back if HC2 can't generate a significant increase.

I have calculated the chance of Tobey coming back.

It is precisely zero.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The final range was high 50s to low 60s. So it should have opened to 70 right based on the great reviews and outopened Dawn. 

Wasn't the great review effect (if one exist) fully incorporated in the latest tracking, the embargo was really early.

Just now, Barnack said:

Wasn't the great review effect (if one exist) fully incorporated in the latest tracking, the embargo was really early.

As per CJohn, it should open way higher than tracking anyway since it's so high on RT.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I have calculated the chance of Tobey coming back.

It is precisely zero.

Do the multiverse storyline and bring back both Tobey and Andrew :sparta: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

As per CJohn, it should open way higher than tracking anyway since it's so high on RT.

Needs a deeper understanding of the law. The reviews were indeed already incorporated into tracking. That shifts things a bit. Tracking Operators know the power of the Tomato Law based on the studies studios did where it showed people were looking at RT before buying a ticket so they increased tracking because of the great reviews of War and it will end exactly within the final tracking range. The Tomato Law works. It is like poetry, it rhimes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Do the multiverse storyline and bring back both Tobey and Andrew :sparta: 

Actually I can see Sony and Marvel doing that for Homecoming 3 in 2022. It's the twentieth anniversary of SM1 and could do big numbers. Have Holland, Garfield, Maguire, and throw in Miles Morales and Gwen to take on a huge threat. It could do $500M+.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Needs a deeper understanding of the law. The reviews were indeed already incorporated into tracking. That shifts things a bit. Tracking Operators know the power of the Tomato Law based on the studies studios did where it showed people were looking at RT before buying a ticket so they increased tracking because of the great reviews of War and it will end exactly within the final tracking range. The Tomato Law works. It is like poetry, it rhimes.

GndZGtm.png

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Actually I can see Sony and Marvel doing that for Homecoming 3 in 2022. It's the twentieth anniversary of SM1 and could do big numbers. Have Holland, Garfield, Maguire, and throw in Miles Morales and Gwen to take on a huge threat. It could do $500M+.

Not a chance in hell Andrew or Toby would come back

7 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'd nominate 80's comedy...we seem to be in a year with no "fresh" comedy, and yet (my little kid self) found practically every comedy I watched in the 80's memorable...

So, let's talk about most underrated character comedy actor from that period - I am amazed that Michael Winslow did not become as big over the years as say, Eddie Murphy, b/c I thought everything he did was awesome:)...

Did this work for you, baumer?:)

Wow! I've never heard anyone mention Winslow before...... but yes some of his stuff in Police Academy was pretty darn brilliant.  

• Like 2

A 3rd movie to a critically acclaimed series where the last film opened with 72mil 3 years ago might crack 60mil! Oh the film is saved because it only is slightly less disappointing but still disappointing.

And 3rd films usually don't have the best legs of the franchise. They have the worse. If Rotten Tomatoes were working, if it were the most important factor the way some seem to believe then Apes would be opening with 80mil right now.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Might as well try my hand at the forecasting game:

Spider-Man: Homecoming (assuming a $47M+ 2nd Weekend)

7/21/17 - 7/23/17: $23M (+$20M weekdays): $253M

7/28/17 - 7/30/17: $13.8M (+$11M weekdays): $277.8M

8/4/17 - 8/6/17: $8.3M (+$6M weekdays):

$292.1M

8/11/17 - 8/13/17: $4.5M (+$3M weekdays):

$299.6M

Ending at $310M domestic.

6 hours ago, Rth Homecoming said:

WFTPOTA 21, SMH 19

That's a good jump for both and it would put Apes on pace for 60 and Spidey for about 47.5.  Apes has picked up steam a bit over the last 24 hours....and @EmpireCity said it would have a good Saturday....another good call.

• Like 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

It's very unlikely though, both actors have moved on from the role. It's more likely the third MCU Spider-Man film will be a Sinister Six film

I know but a man can dream.

If what i'm hearing from D23 is indeed as good as it sounds then WB/DC needs to bring their endgame.Like movie announcments,directors,castings (maybe even show them in the suit) and of course trailers.

Also,glad that Apes is doing well.The film was absolutely amazing.Perfect i could say.But @Rth Homecoming can you please bless us with the true story of the weekend....WW's hold...

5 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm thinking 6.6-6.8mil but I hope Wondy does 7mil. 7mil would just be a nice number. 

Oh, and I've been wanting to defend WarthofHan's WW prediction after it's monday. To be fair to him we didn't know how much it was going to go up on Tuesday and how it would hold up during the entire week. I don't think his  5ish mil prediction was malicious or crazy.

Of course it was crazy and silly.  He was predicting WW to have its worst drop since the second week when a 117 million dollar opening of a comic book movie only caused it to drop 37%.  So there was no logic in his prediction.  

• Like 1