WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Batgirl in the Spring, SS2 in June or August and The Batman in November would be a solid lineup although I could see WB switching SS2 to November and having Batman in the summer.

I remember before Wonder Woman came out (maybe at CinemaCon or a WW China premiere) Deb Snyder mentioned that Batgirl was 'next up' in terms of the female solo films (she couldn't have guessed WW would do 400 million in US at the time) but I think that is still the plan.  Makes sense to give WW 3 years between sequels so it doesn't feel too rushed from an audience perspective.  Plus, if you do Batgirl ... then maybe you can fold that into an appearance in the Gotham City Sirens film the year or two after.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Think it just depends if they may want to hold out for Robert Zmeckis like the reports say.  If so, probably not going to get Flash until 2020.

Either way, with the additional exposure of the TV series, Flash is WAY too big of a potential property for WB to let sit around forever.  They need to get things going and make the movie.

At this point I'd rather have Vaughn or Rami. Not that Zemeckis is bad he's just a kinda boring choice imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steele131 said:

At this point I'd rather have Vaughn or Rami. Not that Zemeckis is bad he's just a kinda boring choice imo.

He's made some great, GREAT movies ... but I kind of would prefer the others as well. 

Who knows, maybe Lord/Miller return to the film now that SW didn't work out. 

2 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

I remember before Wonder Woman came out (maybe at CinemaCon or a WW China premiere) Deb Snyder mentioned that Batgirl was 'next up' in terms of the female solo films (she couldn't have guessed WW would do 400 million in US at the time) but I think that is still the plan.  Makes sense to give WW 3 years between sequels so it doesn't feel too rushed from an audience perspective.  Plus, if you do Batgirl ... then maybe you can fold that into an appearance in the Gotham City Sirens film.

WW2 is going to get a plum slot, my guess is July 24th 2020 which is currently being held by GLC or they could be ballsy and move it up a week to July 17th, a week after Indiana Jones 5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

4 years between movies? Not happening.

Fantastic Beasts 3 means they won't have a DC film in November 2020 and they won't release it against Avatar 2 in December so I reckon Summer 2021 is feasible

WTF, amazing news. 23% jump for War from true Friday! Dawn jumped 8% from true Fri.

5.0 + 17.10 + 21.0 (+22.8%) + 16.00 (-24.0%) = 59.1

4.1 + 23.56 + 25.5 (+8.23%) + 19.47 (-23.7%) = 72.6

60 weekend possible. APOCALYPSE CANCELLED.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

WTF, amazing news. 23% jump for War from true Friday! Dawn jumped 8% from true Fri.

5.0 + 17.10 + 21.0 (+22.8%) + 16.00 (-24.0%) = 59.1

4.1 + 23.56 + 25.5 (+8.23%) + 19.47 (-23.7%) = 72.6

60 weekend possible. APOCALYPSE CANCELLED.

Over or under Rise's gross?

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Over or under Rise's gross?

Needs 2.95-3.05x if the ow is 58-60 .. so thinking under Rise.

2.75-2.80x could give about 170. Will be happy if it does that.

Just now, aabattery said:

I want it above Pirates. At least give the monkeys that.

Might happen. The problem for both SMH and Apes is Dunkirk next weekend. For SMH, it is the loss of IMAX, WW saw its biggest drop post OW on the weekend it lost IMAX to TF5. For Apes, it's demo overlaps a lot with Dunkirk. Next weekend will tell us pretty much where SMH and Apes will end. The rest of summer has nothing after next week.

Apes will defo finish above Kong, possibly ahead of Pirates with great August holds. SMHC might be in trouble, losing IMAX will guarantee a sizeable drop plus Dunkirk will grab all the headlines, Spidey will fade to just above 300m finish, 310m looking likely at this point. Closer to TASM then to Tobey. I would seriously consider bringing him back if HC2 can't generate a significant increase.