WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

1 minute ago, Steele131 said:

I'm thinking Batman, Flash and SS2 for 2019

Think it just depends if they may want to hold out for Robert Zmeckis like the reports say.  If so, probably not going to get Flash until 2020.

Either way, with the additional exposure of the TV series, Flash is WAY too big of a potential property for WB to let sit around forever.  They need to get things going and make the movie.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

I'm thinking Batman, Flash and SS2 for 2019

I think 2019 might be the year of DC girls.  Wonder Woman 2, Batgirl and Gotham City Sirens.

2020- Batman, The Flash, Man of Steel 2

2021- Justice League 2, Aquaman 2, Green Lantern Corps

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think 2019 might be the year of DC girls.  Wonder Woman 2, Batgirl and Gotham City Sirens.

Suicide Squad 2 is likely to go in production by March (that will be 2019 release) ... of course, Harley will be all over that as well, so :P

19 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

IMO, third 2019 film will be Batgirl or Justice League Dark ... the 2020 films will be Wonder Woman 2 , Flash & Gotham City Sirens. :)

I think Superman, Cyborg & Green Lantern (and I don't trust Rock to ever actually make a fucking Shazam/BA movie it's all talk and then he does another film) are fucked for now as I get the feeling the women are taking over and it might be DC's biggest weapon going forward as they're fresh characters who are extremely popular with young girls.

I reckon it'll be SS2 for February or April 2019, The Batman for June or August 2019 and Batgirl or Flash for November 2019. 2020 will probably be GCS for March 2020, Wonder Woman July 2020 and JLD or Flash October 2020. 2021 likely will be Cyborg, GLC and JL2

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

CHARIOTS OF FIRE deserved its BP win. Come at me. 

Good film. I have nothing else to add to the discussion. 

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Im all in for a REIGN OF FIRE discussion. A solid, underrated movie about a dragon apocalypse from 2002 with Christian Bale and McConaughey.

Fun film. Never can go wrong with McConaughey hamming it up, especially in a post-apocalyptic / fantasy setting. Also the score is great and bombastic too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I reckon it'll be SS2 for February or April 2019, The Batman for June or August 2019 and Batgirl or Flash for November 2019. 2020 will probably be GCS for March 2020, Wonder Woman July 2020 and JLD or Flash October 2020. 2021 likely will be Cyborg, GLC and JL2

I don't think we're ever seeing Cyborg ... if we do it will be in a Teen Titans movie.

Oh and we'll have to see if anything ever comes on the Nightwing front with Chris McKay.  DC could set up a Batman universe inside the DC universe with all those popular characters.  The truth is there's really too many potential properties and movies and just not enough time.  Will be interesting to see which ones get chosen and which ones get stuck in development hell over the next 5+ years.

Edited by AdamKendall

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Wish Upon is the best mainstream comedy of the year.  Go see it

I've heard it's great. Brad Jones suggested that it and Book of Henry would make a good double feature. 

22 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

No way is WB letting a Batman movie come out even one minute longer than it would take to make in the best case scenario. Thinking Nov 2019 for Batman and Summer 2020 for WW.

• Like 5

Saw Apes this evening and the theater was very busy. Noticeably older crowd than usual for a summer franchise movie too. The other two movies had above average legs so I won't be surprised if this one does too despite somewhat direct competition from Dunkirk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

No way is WB letting Batman come even one minute longer than it would take to make in the best case scenario. Thinking Nov 2019 for Batman and Summer 2020 for WW.

I think Justice League is coming out in 2019 or 2020 so I assume Batman will come out in the year with no JL movie.

Just now, CJohn said:

I think Justice League is coming out in 2019 or 2020 so I assume Batman will come out in the year with no JL movie.

At SDCC I'm not expecting a full slate, just the 2019 movies confirmation and Wonder Woman 2 with Jenkins directing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

No way is WB letting Batman come even one minute longer than it would take to make in the best case scenario. Thinking Nov 2019 for Batman and Summer 2020 for WW.

Batgirl in the Spring, SS2 in June or August and The Batman in November would be a solid lineup although I could see WB switching SS2 to November and having Batman in the summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I think JL2 is more likely for Summer or November 2021.