WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Overdramatic much

I know, right? Godfather of our times. Give me a break. Movie has been out a week. The other for just over 3 years. And, people love them but they are NOT widely perceived as Godfather Part I and II. Nor do they or will they gave remotely the influence.

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

When The Dceu  most likely will have two films in the Top 5

1sl9kc.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

What's even more impressive is that DCEU and MCU together will have #3-7 on the top 10. Hell all of them might make the top 10:

Jedi: $1.8B

Beast: $1.26B

F8te: $1.23B

JL: $1.05B

DM3: $925M

SMH: $875M

GV2: $860M

WW: $780M

Pirates: $750M

Thor: $725M

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Jesus, no offense but you're really hammering and annoying. Like Wonder Woman won the summer be happy about that I guess

This isn't about Wonder Woman even though I used it as an example for obvious reasons. This is about me seeing all around the internet that people will give excuses for anything relating to Marvel box office. If you say that you think that Guardians of the Galaxy 2 should have performed a little better at the international box office because it was a sequel to a beloved movie then you're deemed a hater who had too high expectations and you have to remember the exchange rates only for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 though.

That film had different exchange rate issues than any other 2017 movie. If you point out how large Spider-Man's second weekend drop is then you're being a hater and not factoring in the "record-breaking" opening of Apes. It's not like Marvel fans are alone in this because DC fans still claim that Batman v Superman had good word-of-mouth despite its atrocious word-of-mouth and unheard-of terrible legs. I don't tolerate that from any of the fan bases. The facts are the facts.

I have no allegiance to either company I just want a good freaking movie. But good movie or bad I will assess a film's box-office based on what it's actually doing. I still haven't seen Spider-Man yet and I'm sure I'm going to love it or really like it like I do most Marvel movies but I'm not going to sugarcoat it's box office performance because it's a Marvel movie. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, scabab said:

Man these boards went severely downhill from the old Box Office Mojo days didn't they? 

Mostly just a bunch of fools posting gifs rather than anything of value.

You know pretty much every post that you have made since you come back here in the last couple weeks is about how crappy this place is. We were doing just fine before you got here and I'm sure that we will survive just fine when you leave as well.

• Like 10

Don't really see the issue with bringing up exchange rates when talking about Guardians 2. The movie had pretty great increases in local currencies loads of countries, but it's hard to see that when the ER wipes away a lot of those gains. It's performance in China was definitely pretty disappointing though. I think most people expected more from that. 

And I can only speak for myself, but I haven't seen anyone using exchange rates to prop up Guardians while ignoring the impact it's had on other movies this year. 

13 minutes ago, scabab said:

Man these boards went severely downhill from the old Box Office Mojo days didn't they? 

You only have noticed it now? It has went to shit a long time ago.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scabab said:

I like being in the tracking thread, as most of the talk in there is about actual numbers. But sometimes the weekend threads are great too :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Why America? Why you did this to me? We received The Godfather of our generation, one of the greatest trilogies of all time, and you guys choose to ignore it, karma is a bitch, you guys will never receive any quality franchise anymore. 

H4Qn8wI.gif

Look at how it's performing in Europe. I wouldn't put the blame squarely on Americans.

• Like 1