Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (Chapter Two) : APES:$5.79M | SMH:$5.46M | DM3 2.6M | BD 1.2M | WW: 875k

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

looks like Apes is doing similar to Star Trek Beyond last year. What is with audiences rejecting totally good installments in these sci fi franchises? 

Beyond was just too late. 3 years after Into Darkness (which had a mixed response) and it just looked like the 50th Star Trek movie. Also, it had one of the worst first trailers in movie history.

I havent seen Apes, but from what ive heard, it isnt a fun blockbuster but a serious drama - and that can translate to a muted response among the GA, which usually flocks to fun and funny blockbusters.

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

but from what ive heard, it isnt a fun blockbuster but a serious drama - and that can translate to a muted response among the GA, which usually flocks to fun and funny blockbusters.

Ungreatful little bastsrds can have their Spiderman bullshit. I'll take my apes

4 hours ago, grey ghost said:

War of the Planet of Apes is an average movie guys.

Weak legs = average movie

Hundreds of movie loving critics don't matter.

Image result for broken record gif

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

I personally don't see how Apes is going to have good legs either.  That's one depressing final film.  

Pretty much,I fell asleep and didn't even see the 2nd and 3rd acts

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Beyond was just too late. 3 years after Into Darkness (which had a mixed response) and it just looked like the 50th Star Trek movie. Also, it had one of the worst first trailers in movie history.

I havent seen Apes, but from what ive heard, it isnt a fun blockbuster but a serious drama - and that can translate to a muted response among the GA, which usually flocks to fun and funny blockbusters.

Star Trek's momentum as a franchise was destroyed when Paramount waited 4 years to release a sequel. You have to strike while the iron is hot now or days and they didn't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Star Trek's momentum as a franchise was destroyed when Paramount waited 4 years to release a sequel. You have to strike while the iron is hot now or days and they didn't.

The 4 year gap between ST09 and STID is probably what everyone will point to as the momentum buster. Instead of letting JJ do Super 8, Paramount should have gone for the Trek sequel and then had him to Super 8 or anything he wanted. Even Nolan took just 3 years between Batman Begins and TDK. The momentum was well and truly lost at that point and by the time Beyond came out, Trek had been supplanted by Star Wars.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Not about quality but reception. 62% drop definitely ain't good.

Frontloaded could mean an initial rush.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban had a...wait for it...

...62% drop.

Must be because the movie sucked or maybe just maybe there are OTHER FACTORS that play into frontloadedness.

C'mon guys use box office nerd reasoning instead letting all the brain blood flow towards your hate boner for Spider-man Homecoming.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Ah, attention spans.

There's no Wow! factor It doesn't help that the first Act doesn't have much dialogue.

Forgive me if I enjoy the old school Apes better 

Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!”

I also watch on occasions

Dune

2001:A Space  Odyssey 

The Ten Commandments

Ben Hur

Twilight Zone(both show and movie)

Tango And Cash

Dredd

Batman VS Superman

The GodFather

Samson and Delilah

Captain America :TWS

Cobra

No country for old Men

IRobot

Doctor Who

Cliffhanger.....

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

Excuses galore for War of the Planet of Apes.

Yet not one mention of poor reception or lack of quality.

Are you guys admitting you cherry pick and choose the cause for bad legs based on your personal bias?

Edited by grey ghost

40 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Not about quality but reception. 62% drop definitely ain't good.

No, but it isn't all bad either. Spider-Man Homecoming even with that drop has already surpassed the domestic gross of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 and will pass the domestic gross of the Amazing Spider-Man as well. Since the first Spider-Man movie in 2002, the domestic gross of each subsequent movie has gone down. Homecoming stopped that streak. Marvel Studios has just started turning things around but it won't happen all at once. It's just the start, not the finish line.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

There's no Wow! factor It doesn't help that the first Act doesn't have much dialogue.

If you say there's no "WOW!" factor, that's only because you didn't watch the amazing visuals in the first act.  Even then, it gets really intense after the first act.  Very emotional too.  Not my fault you didn't stay awake and as such aren't able to judge the film properly.