CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

5 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Come on dude....The Sopranos?  You're talking about shows that were on cable.  I'm not going to get into a debate about television history but shows like Seinfeld, Friends, Dallas, MASH were all huge nad have the numbers to prove it.

And those were all network TV shows, and thus more people had the ability to watch them.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I remember bursting out in hysterical laughter at how stupid the twist in The Accountant was.

You didn't see that coming a mile away?!

As for the rankings:

1.SM1

2.Titanic

3.Avatar

4.Gravity

5.Interstellar

Havent seen Dunkirk or Big Sick

2 hours ago, alisson23 said:

I don't know which kind of sick mind would be happy seeing a movie that was made with so much love and passion flopping as Valerian was. Luc, himself wrote the script (for love) for two sequels, that we probably won't never see. It's ok if you guys don't enjoy the movie, but it's beyond ridiculous see assholes people celebrating this flop. People like this don't have any love for the seventh art. People at a BO forum should stan for the success of the cinema, not otherwise. It doesn't matter if you thought that Valerian was a shit. What's in game is the future of big Indie projects. Have more respect.

This is ironic coming for you.

And it's pretty easy to not root for a film made a man who is known to be a pedophile for his past.

So, fuck having respect. Happy with that?

QXrtGxE.gif

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Something I saw on Awards Watch that's worth a share (not sure how reliable this is so don't @ me): https://zakkondratenko.com/2017/07/18/july-oscar-buzz/amp/

The main Fox branch will be pushing The Papers and Logan.

The Current War is apparently a piece of shit based on test screenings.

Weinstein wants to acquire another film because they aren't confident in anything they have.

Marshall probably sucks.

mother! will be big. 

It's the third source that talks highly about mother!...interesting

• Like 1

People giving Titanic high ranks and all? Well... Titanic ain't even in Cameron's Top 5 imo :insane:

As a matter of fact, CAMERON RANKED:

Terminator 2 A+ (best action movie ever)

Aliens A+

The Terminator A (doesn't get an A+ because the Sarah/Reese romance was a little too cheesy imo)

True Lies A-

The Abyss B+ (I know it's a little messy, but I still really like it)

Titanic B-/C+

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

mother! is going to be a big hit IMO. My audience was very intrigued by the trailer at Dunkirk yesterday. If Paramount is going all in on the minimal footage angle in marketing, has good viral marketing, and gets the cast onto talk shows, the curiosity factor is going to be rampant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

This is ironic coming for you.

And it's pretty easy to not root for a film made a man who is known to be a pedophile for his past.

So, fuck having respect. Happy with that?

QXrtGxE.gif

I don't know this much about the allegations (or really pedophilia laws) so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I found the age of consent in France was 15, and the girl Besson was with...was 15.

"The age of consent in France is 15, as specified by Article 227-25 of the Penal Code, which reads: 'The fact of the commission without violence, constraint, threat or surprise of a sexual offence by an adult on the person of a minor under fifteen years of age is punished by five years' imprisonment and a fine of €75,000.'"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

Rank the movies mentioned on this page - SM1, Gravity, Titanic, Dunkirk, Avatar, Interstellar, Big Sick

1. Titanic A/A+

2. SM1 A

3. Gravity A-

4. Interstellar B+/A-

5. Avatar B+

Haven't seen Dunkirk and Big Sick

Dunkirk 

Gravity

SM1
Titanic

Interstellar

7 minutes ago, That EddieKaspbrak Guy said:

I don't know this much about the allegations (or really pedophilia laws) so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I found the age of consent in France was 15, and the girl Besson was with...was 15.

"The age of consent in France is 15, as specified by Article 227-25 of the Penal Code, which reads: 'The fact of the commission without violence, constraint, threat or surprise of a sexual offence by an adult on the person of a minor under fifteen years of age is punished by five years' imprisonment and a fine of €75,000.'"

I know, honey...

I'm not whip out something of my ass with little to no understanding of the situation.

Regardless about the age of consent in France, it doesn't make it any less creepy or disturbing.

Anyways, I don't wanna get into it because a good chunk of this forum likes to excuse and forgive disturbing and messy behavior and pasts. That, and I don't wanna start another battle.

DKsYAFJ.gif

Edited by Claire of Themyscira

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Can't sign in on my laptop.

For some reason this website thinks my security question answer is wrong, when it's definitely right. 

Annoying. 

"Who taught you how to read?"

Me: "Well it was obviously my mom, so let's put that in."

"Sorry that answer was incorrect."

Me: "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW?"

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

For some reason this website thinks my security question answer is wrong, when it's definitely right. 

Annoying. 

I know how I like my steak done, so I'm guessing everybody gets the security question wrong.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Annoying. 

Try using the email verification option. It'll send a link you can use to log in from, and then change your security questions. 

If you still have trouble, PM me or tweet me @sonofodysseus and I can reset the Qs for you. 

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Something I saw on Awards Watch that's worth a share (not sure how reliable this is so don't @ me): https://zakkondratenko.com/2017/07/18/july-oscar-buzz/amp/

The main Fox branch will be pushing The Papers and Logan.

The Current War is apparently a piece of shit based on test screenings.

Weinstein wants to acquire another film because they aren't confident in anything they have.

Marshall probably sucks.

mother! will be big. 

and [Mary Magdalene] is supposedly playing up the Jesus & Mary romance angle

giphy.gif

DM3 actuals: up to 13M weekend -33% drop from last weekend.

Sunday was -29.5% from its last Sunday.

2017/07/21 6 $13,012,050 -33% 3,525 $3,691   $213,620,275

2017/07/21 6 $3,827,220 +38% 3,525 $1,086   $204,435,445 22
2017/07/22 - $5,222,685 +36% 3,525 $1,482   $209,658,130 23
2017/07/23 - $3,962,145 -24% 3,525 $1,124   $213,620,275 24
Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1