CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

this is lower than gits despite Starting st 5 and being during the sunmer

this isn't good

:sadben::apocalypse:

Just now, filmlover said:

Great start for Dunkirk.

Valerian started at 5 and Girls Trip started at 7 so them being neck and neck is pretty good for the latter (which will be definitely be more backloaded either way).

lmao I totally forgot about the 5 PM previews.

Yeah, looks like switching to 16M was a smart move on my part.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

BTW, Sorry, @CJohn, the long title had to go. You understand.

No, I don't. You keep forgetting I know your darkest secrets silly Spaghetti :redcapes:

WTF YOU ACTUALLY MADE A GRAMMAR MISTAKE WRITING DUNKIRK :winomg: You are FUCKED. :sarah:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, alisson23 said:

Focus on experience, not history about a real war event seems disrespectful IMO.

I don't know what to say to that, other than you're the only person I've seen who's concocted this bugbear. A visceral experience is not mutually exclusive to telling a story. In fact the two are necessarily linked in war movies.

Anyway, I know bugger all about projecting preview numbers to OW, but anything much above 50m would be really great. Hard to think of another director who can sell a film on their name alone the way Nolan can right now.

• Like 3