CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

Just now, a2knet said:

That did 3.96x. But November probably is friendlier leg-wise due to back-loaded openings and Thanksgiving. On top of that INTERSTELLAR has 3.5m counted on Wed-Thu and officially is not part of it's OW. Else it's legs would reduce to (a still big) ~3.75x. It also felt more GA friendly than a war film like Dunkirk, that too where USA didn't have a role. I don't think Dunkirk can cross 3.5x while 3x+ is very likely.

3.1-3.3x will give 150-165 dom with 48-50 ow.

Yes, completely agree. I'm dubious about a 3.5x, but a 3x doesn't seem a bridge too far. But if this 20m holds up, that's certainly a hint of frontloading, and we'll have to see it holds beyond the weekend. 

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You do realize that I'm pretty much impossibilitated to go see anything in the theater all Summer long? I'm stuck in my fucking isolated desert of a town, and the only theater near me is in Spain where they translate everything and it's annoying as shit. :(

:sadben::sadben::sadben::sadben:

NOS is opening a theater in Évora soon. Remind me, where are you from?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

She can't sing she cant act, her popularity astounded me back when she was relevant.

Doesnt matter if your opinion of her is as such though, she definitely made a successful jump from singer to actor. She was very successful for about a decade kn screen.

9 minutes ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

I'm not sure you can. :unsure: 

I doubt this "most liked posts getting shown at the front row" feature works in a traditional internet forum. It works in social websites because every post gets its own discussion flow. A traditional internet forum doesn't work like that.

Edited by vc2002

17 minutes ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

We're not, but given INTERSTELLAR had excellent legs well past a 3x (and had arguably a more mixed reception), it's a decent assumption. 

Interstellar had largely sensational WOM from audiences. 

• Like 1

Just now, vc2002 said:

I doubt this "most liked posts getting shown in the front row" feature works in a traditional internet forum. It works in social websites because every post gets its own discussion flow. A traditional internet forum doesn't work like that.

The feature is new to the 4.2 version of the forum software. We're experimenting with using the Recommend option to give a handy link to number updates (much easier to access than going to the specific page and hunting around). Beyond that, we're still getting a feel for it. 

FWIW, only staff can Recommend posts. 

The feature is new to the 4.2 version of the forum software. We're experimenting with using the Recommend option to give a handy link to number updates (much easier to access than going to the specific page and hunting around). Beyond that, we're still getting a feel for it.

Maybe the staff can only recommend one post at a time, and take away the older post when they put up the new one?

Have more than one up at a time is too much and takes over the screen.
  • Like 1

Interstellar

The Dark Knight Rises

Inception

The Dark Knight

The Prestige

Batman Begins

Memento

Interstellar is his greatest cinematic achievement. 

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 2

Just now, Mojoguy said:

Maybe the staff can only recommend one post at a time, and take away the older post when they put up the new one?

Have more than one up at a time is too much and takes over the screen.

We can certainly try this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

I see. That makes sense.

Still, would be nice to reduce the space they take.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Crack is whack.

Sir, I'll have you know that even whilst high on crack Whitney could sing and act circles around JLo. Know this. Understand this. 

She can dance though