MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

In the case of SPA, they need to stop greenlighting whatever crazy ideas they come ahead. Have some quality control anyway.

I would also stop putting live action hybrids under the SPA banner, it just dilutes the brand

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

They need a brain trust like Pixar or WDAS or WAG,

The Sony hack suggested they wanted Lord and Miller to set one up but they weren't interested citing that SPA wasn't a good place to work at. The fact ended up being part of the WAG brain trust is telling 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So you've seen it?  Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon?

It looks like shit and sounds like shit, and stars a shit.  But if it soothes your soul for me to watch shitty kids movies Ethan, I'm seeing it tomorrow, so don't get your panties in a twist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Sony hack suggested they wanted Lord and Miller to set one up but they weren't interested citing that SPA wasn't a good place to work at. The fact ended up being part of the WAG brain trust is telling 

Lord and Miller even suggested Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg to be their brain trust and that would have been a great idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That Atomic Guy said:

It looks like shit and sounds like shit, and stars a shit.  But if it soothes your soul for me to watch shitty kids movies Ethan, I'm seeing it tomorrow, so don't get your panties in a twist.

I'm trying to weasel my way out of seeing it but it's not working.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I would also stop putting live action hybrids under the SPA banner, it just dilutes the brand

Yeah especially when those live action hybrids like Goosebumps barely qualify as animation anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah especially when those live action hybrids like Goosebumps barely qualify as animation anyway. 

Also try doing 1-2 films a year instead of 3-4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That Atomic Guy said:

The only SPA film next year that is probably going to be good is the animated Spider-Man thing they're doing, Goosebumps 2 has a slight chance but I wouldn't count on it since the first one only got "decent" reviews

Lord and Miller are the saviors and even though it's SPA I'm hyped.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, That Atomic Guy said:

I mean I'm not gonna watch it but I don't think we could call things shit that we haven't seen

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

I don't know, The Star looks weird enough that it might be worth watching on Netflix someday. The part with the bird dancing at the end to distract the dogs reminded me of The Room. 

Hi doggy! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I don't know, The Star looks weird enough that it might be worth watching on Netflix someday. The part with the bird dancing at the end to distract the dogs reminded me of The Room. 

It stole jokes from The Lone Ranger.  That alone is the worst sin you can commit in a movie

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Seeing the numbers RIP summer   May 4-July 27

It was pretty weak summer overall tbh. The world will have forgotten most of these movies even existed in the first place by the time Avengers kicks off the Summer 2018 movie season.

So, now that Emoji escaped the 0% curse on RT, do you guys know any movie with more than 100 reviews that got 0% on RT?

I just found the one with Banderas and Lucy Liu, and I actually liked some of the action scenes, lol.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ballistic_ecks_vs_sever/

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 1