MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

Why do people at BOT seem to believe that BatB was a terrible movie? I thought it was very good. In fact, I enjoyed it more than the animated version from years before.

I don't generally root against any movies, but I am really not feeling Atomic Blonde. I read that its audience slanted slightly more male. Not surprising! That lesbian scene turned me off big time. As a woman, I have no intention on watching it. I'd rather see Dunkirk, Girls Trip and even Valerian. I love Charlize Theron and I am not a homophobe by any stretch, but gratuitous sex scenes turn me off. If a male lead had a sex scene with another male (God forbid), I don't think it would be included in the previews. 

I will see Girls Trip on Wednesday and Dunkirk on Thursday. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, That Atomic Guy said:

The Emoji Movie actively made me angry.  it's more than just a dumb little kids films.  It's a movie that spouts every single app in your face, with its goals to either be 1. "Hey kids, look at how cool this app is!  You should download it off of the App Store and play to give us money!" or 2. "Hey kids, it's that one app you recognize!  Aren't we such a COOOL movie?"

It's one of the worst films I've ever seen.  It's nothing but a blatant exercise in forced product placement and corporate greed.  You can tell Sony knew how much kids would fall for this, and judging by the reactions of the 5 year olds in the audience, it probably did.

They even used a Sony phone and Crackle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I take it you haven't seen Fifty Shades Darker yet?

I have not but I've seen 50 Shades of Gray. Which cancelled plans for me to support a sequel.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Blankments said:

anyway

emoji movie is unsurprisingly the quality level of SIR PATRICK STEWART

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

this guy gets it, the emoji movie? More like the emoji MASTERPIECE

?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I have not but I've seen 50 Shades of Gray. Which cancelled plans for me to support a sequel.

I have seen both of them for the hilarity (I've only seen the sequel very recently). They are gutbusting hilariously bad. Darker might actually be worse than the 1st (the 1st was at least beautifully shot and somehow managed to make more sense and be less ridiculous).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

And the fact that most of you have probably not seen Emoji and yet calling it wirh confidence an awful movie...

Critic slaves.

And I just saw The Emoji Movie and can confirm it's an atrocious piece of shit :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Why do people at BOT seem to believe that BatB was a terrible movie? I thought it was very good. In fact, I enjoyed it more than the animated version from years before.

If you do a shot for shot remake of a classic movie, it's kinda tough for it to turn out "terrible." But the very concept of the shot-for-shot remake cash grab is what bothers a lot of people. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

bg8.gif

yeah I'd say the only actually ambitious Marvel movies are the guardians movies and Iron Man 3 lol

(No coincidence they're the only ones directed by someone with an actual vision)

1 hour ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Ones funny. The other isnt.

Rough Night was funny.  Not as funny as Girls Trip, but I'd put it as a slightly better film overall (Girls Trip got dragged down by the melodramatic moments for me)

• Like 1

1.) Apes

2.) Logan

3.) Get Out

4.) Baby Driver

5.) Dunkirk

6.) John Wick 2

7.) Guardians 2

8.) Wonder Woman 

9.) Split

10.) Spider-Man: Homecoming 

11.) Gifted

12.) Lego Batman

13.) Valerian

14.) Kong 

15.) Captain Underpants

16.) Power Rangers 

17.) Fate of The Furious 

18.) Alien: Covenant 

19.) Despicable M3

20.) Ghost In The Shell

21.) Dog's Purpose

22.) Smurfs: The Lost Village

23.) Monster Trucks

24.) Beauty and The Beast

25.) Life

26.) King Arthur

27.) Transformers The Last Knight

28.) The Emoji Movie

29.) The Mummy

20 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Because it feels like a carbon copy of the original, and everything that's "new" feels tacked on and forced.  Impressive production design and costumes can't save an otherwise soulless movie.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Why do people at BOT seem to believe that BatB was a terrible movie?

I don't know about others, but I certainly think it was unbearably bad. From Emma Watson's "singing" to the Beast's visuals, everything paled in comparison to the magic of the original, IMO. Yes, I hated it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

YES AND THEN

EMOJ3

EMOJIV

EMO5I

EM6JI

EMO7I

EM8JI

EMOIX

EM10JI