MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

This is what I'm projecting for It:

Sep 8: 55M (16M weekdays, 71M Total)

Sep 15: 22M (6.4M weekdays, 99.4M Total)

Sep 22: 11M (3.2M weekdays, 113.6M Total)

Sep 29: 6M (1.8M weekdays, 121.4M Total)

Oct 6: 3M (900k weekdays, 125.3M Total)

Oct 13: 1.3M (400k weekdays, 127M Total)

Final Total: 130M (2.36x)

I do expect It to be pretty frontloaded. A 55M OW is unheard of for horror, so that alone will add to the frontloadedness. However, mother! opens the week after, and if it has strong buzz coming out of TIFF and Venice two weeks prior with tons of marketing, that will undoubtedly impact It on its second weekend. By the third weekend, Kingsman will be taking up every large format. It can hold well on the 29th, but then the film has 7 wide releases to face the following two weeks, including Happy Death Day on the 13th. If It sucks (please don't attack me for suggesting the possibility), legs are going to be BAD.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

FWIW I have mother! beating It's second weekend: 25M vs 22M

I know we're all jizzing over the secretive marketing approach but I think the masses are just gonna be confused

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Emoji Cinematic Universe makes me what to flip a table.

Sony's Smartphone Cinematic Universe presents the AppVengers!  All the major App Icons such as Meh Emoji, Angry Bird, Twitter Bird, and That Guy from the Just Dance App you can now get for free on iOS or Android come together to fight off the introduction of WeChat, the Chinese MegaApp that will take away the purpose of all other apps, and learn there's a unique place in the human's heart for every app on their phone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

That opening is too big and those legs are too long.

55/120

Tops

You'll be shook when IT busts down all the fall records.

105m OW / 300m DOM

Edited by El Panda Machos
  • Like 3