Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

2.8x will give Dark Tower 55 dom with 19.5 ow. I don't think it can beat that (by much).

Good news is that it's prod budget is only 60. Hopefully can do well OS.

Is a dom disappointment nevertheless. 70-80 was conservatively reasonable imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

Warner Bros made so much money from Nolan from TDK trilogy alone that they can afford to greenlit a risky film like Dunkirk.

Inception gave him even more power because he proved to them he didn't need famous comic book characters to turn a big profit for the studio. 

• Like 5

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Pretty Ballsy for WB to put a straight war film in such a coveted Summer slot but it paid off. 

Audiences want something different especially as Hollywood is actively trying to turn every weekend into summer. 

Huge fan of the man but I never 100% bought into Nolan being a household name among directors (which is a super rare club) who could command attention from the GA off their name alone. I... now do after Dunkirk.

• Like 1

The Dark Tower's opening is not good so I don't see the positive headline for Sony. Beating the 3rd weekend of Dunkirk is not surprising or great especially when your film opens below 20mil. This time last year we had a 133mil opener.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Inception gave him even more power because he proved to them he didn't need famous comic book characters to turn a big profit for the studio. 

WB gave up Friday the 13th and OS rights to a future South Park so they could be part of Interstellar and it ended up being a win for them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Audiences want something different especially as Hollywood is actively trying to turn every weekend into summer. 

Huge fan of the man but I never 100% bought into Nolan being a household name among directors (which is a super rare club) who could command attention from the GA off their name alone. I... now do after Dunkirk.

I think anyone who doubted that believes it now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

WB gave up Friday the 13th and OS rights to a future South Park so they could be part of Interstellar and it ended up being a win for them. 

Yeah, I dunno how Paramount felt as domestic distributor but WB did very well with overseas gross near $490m. 

• Like 1

And 400mil worldwide would be something if more people actually liked The Mummy. Terminator and Warcraft show that 400+mil ain't all it's cracked up to be if your big budget film has a poor reception.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

10 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

More importantly, Nolan is their official in-house prestige director.

It helps Warner secure their image as the last director centric studio in the Hills.