CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Still have a lot of trepidation about Anakin/Vader's role in this, but as he is my favorite SW character and Hayden and Ewan two of my favorite SW actors, I'm hyped. 

This. Since ST squandered the opportunity to feature Anakin, even though that was the most logical thing to do, I hope Obi Wan show utilize him well. I know he's utilized well on TCW but I don't watch animated shows. 

I expect him to pop up on Ahsoka show in some form. And whatever they do with Luke and Grogu or just Luke in the future. I think they will recast Luke with a younger actor (Sebastian Stan?) so that they could use his character more especially in post-ROTJ/pre-TFA stretch that they are exploring on various shows (Mando, Rangers of the New Republic, Ahsoka).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cap said:

That cast almost makes me excited. Almost. I know better. 😂😂😂😂

In Deborah Chow we trust. 👍

(she's the one who directed the kick-ass episode three of season one of The Mandalorian where Mando got a case of the guiltz and rescued Grogu after turning him in for the bounty)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Porthos said:

In Deborah Chow we trust. 👍

(she's the one who directed the kick-ass episode three of season one of The Mandalorian where Mando got a case of the guiltz and rescued Grogu after turning him in for the bounty)

Chapter 7 as well, which was another quite good one. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cap said:

It’s still Star Wars!!! 😂

You've been pretty damn happy with Mando, though. 👍

Besides, more Hayden Christensen. 👍 👍 👍

(and maaaaaaaaaaaaybe a certain ex-Padawan of his character :ph34r:)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You've been pretty damn happy with Mando, though. 👍

Besides, more Hayden Christensen. 👍 👍 👍

(and maaaaaaaaaaaaybe a certain ex-Padawan of his character :ph34r:)

Oh, girl. you need to join telegram. I am trying to convince everyone the prequels are THE BEST

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I think they will recast Luke with a younger actor (Sebastian Stan?) so that they could use his character more especially in post-ROTJ/pre-TFA stretch that they are exploring on various shows (Mando, Rangers of the New Republic, Ahsoka).

I don't know about that. They did have Alden Ehrenreich as Han, but that was him playing a Han before we met Han. That's different from recasting Luke, as you would go from young Luke played by Mark Hamill, to older Luke played by Stan, to old Luke being played by Hamill. That might be a bit weird.

If they were really interested in going that route, they could have already done that with Luke's cameo in the last episode of The Mandalorian. I don't think it is impossible, but I wouldn't exactly bet on it happening anytime soon either.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

I mean, these two things are not mutually exclusive. 

Oh, I know.  But I just get the sense that Barriss went in another direction than the Inquisitorius. 

Could be wrong.  She even could be with the Empire after all, in a Tragic Cruel Irony sort of way.  But I tend to think she went all "Oppose the Empire By Any Means Necessary" type route than the "Whelp! I'm Eeeeeeeevil now.  Might as well work for the winners." 

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Oh, I know.  But I just get the sense that Barriss went in another direction than the Inquisitorius. 

Could be wrong.  She even could be with the Empire after all, in a Tragic Cruel Irony sort of way.  But I tend to think she went all "Oppose the Empire By Any Means Necessary" type route than the "Whelp! I'm Eeeeeeeevil now.  Might as well work for the winners." 

I don't know if she would be against the Empire, though. She does say "I think they suit me" about Ventress' lightsaber, and she had fallen far enough that she was willing to kill innocent people and then frame it on a close friend. I could easily see Palpatine playing on her resentment of the Jedi to recruit her. That said, we don't really have enough info on her motivations in that arc to say for sure, since her role there was more to provide one last gut punch to Ahsoka than to have her own story. Suffice to say, I would be interested to see her back either way. 

Edited by Menor

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't know if she would be against the Empire, though. She does say "I think they suit me" about Ventress' lightsaber, and she had fallen far enough that she was willing to kill innocent people and then frame it on a close friend. I could easily see Palpatine playing on her resentment of the Jedi to recruit her. That said, we don't really have enough info on her motivations in that arc to say for sure, since her role there was more to provide one last gut punch to Ahsoka than to have her own story. Suffice to say, I would be interested to see her back either way. 

Thing is, if she was going to be an Inquisitor (and I know all of the arguments, I've heard them many a time), why not in Rebels?  I understand her not being in Fallen Order as it didn't fit for the story.  But Rebels? Seemed like a fit, especially when Ahsoka started showing up.

That Filoni didn't put her in there and, from what I can tell, has said "I have plans for her" (or something like that) leads me to think that the "easy" story answer of "Barriss went Inquisitor" isn't in the cards. 

I'm not debating that she didn't go evil; she certainly did.  Just think that she doesn't quite fit the M.O. of other Inquisitors or seem the type that would just start working for Palps.

(The best argument, IMO, is that she got sent to prison at the end of her arc and who knows what she underwent post-TCW; but that's also something of a retread of Fallen Order, and I don't know if the folks making this show want to cover the same ground of story telling.)

From the blacked out for us peons portion of the Disney investor stream last December:

During Disney's event, a sizzle reel for Obi-Wan Kenobi was revealed to select investors. A description of the footage provided by ComicBook.com hinted the series will include the first live-action Inquisitorius. Series director Deborah Chow teased some of the conflicts Obi-Wan will face, particularly because of his status as a Jedi post-Order 66. "This is quite a dark time that we're coming into with him, just being a Jedi — it's not safe. There's Jedi hunters out there," Chow explained. That certainly sounds like the Inquisitorius.

Certainly raises the odds of Moses Ingram playing an Inquisitor, IMO.

• Like 1