CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

Most of the discussion has been in the D+ thread during the live stream, but might as well make it official here:

Title of the series is now official (Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi).

Already the rumor mill/spec game is going into over-drive:

Maul being in Kenobi (though not necessarily having their paths cross) would certainly be another way to raise the hype level.

Yes, there are things to finesse (Maul's being unaware of where Kenobi was or even being alive in Rebels, Darth Vader's line in Star Wars about learner and master).  And, yes, I am worried a little.

But, got to tell you, I'd be lying if I didn't say my heart sings a little at seeing Hayden Christensen back in SW.  He was so hard done by from so many "fans" and it is a joy to see him back in the franchise.

As such, I am rooting for them to make it all fit.  And if it requires a little squinting along the way?  Not the first time (*cough* *cough*) and it certainly won't be the last.

Edited by Porthos

More from THR, from the part of the stream that was blacked out to the general public

In footage screened exclusively for investors as part of The Walt Disney Co. investor day event, director Deborah Chow explained that the miniseries starts from a simple premise: “Just being a Jedi, it’s not safe.”

The preview footage — all interview, with the project not in production until next year — featured McGregor saying, “The most beautiful thing of all [about the series] is that it’s brought me back together with Hayden,” and adding that the two will have “another swing at each other” before the end of the series.

You know, the fan in me can't help but do this.

Consider the following lines.

"When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

BUT VADER DIDN'T EXACTLY LEAVE OBI-WAN ON MUSTAFAR, NOW DID HE!!!!!

"I sense something.  A presence I've not felt since..."

HE DOESN'T ACTUALLY SAY WHEN HE FELT IT!!!!

"Obi-Wan once thought as you do" (in regards to turning him back)

WHAT IF THIS SERIES HAS OBI-WAN TRY TO TURN VADER BACK AND FAIL MISERABLY, MAKING HIS VIEWPOINTS IN ESB/ROTJ MORE NATURAL!!!!!!!

Fandom.  It's a sickness sometimes, I tells ya. :lol: 

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

Indulge me a casual fan.

1. What exactly will Hayden do? Just physical performance? That's too much of money paid for something. I hope he don't do the voice. James Earl Jones is just unmatchable. More so when they used him in RoTS.

2. Didn't Obi-Wan met Anakin first time after RoTS? 

So I googled it, and one of comment was that may be they met and Vader tell Obi to give his lightsaber to his son. I know that's stupid. That open up stuff like why didn't Vader try to reach Luke before then if he knew about him.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Indulge me a casual fan.

1. What exactly will Hayden do? Just physical performance? That's too much of money paid for something. I hope he don't do the voice. James Earl Jones is just unmatchable. More so when they used him in RoTS.

2. Didn't Obi-Wan met Anakin first time after RoTS? 

So I googled it, and one of comment was that may be they met and Vader tell Obi to give his lightsaber to his son. I know that's stupid. That open up stuff like why didn't Vader try to reach Luke before then if he knew about him.

Reveal hidden contents

You raise some good points

1. I imagine Hayden will primarily appear as Anakin via flashbacks or visions Obi-Wan will have during the series. If he ends up being the physical actor for Vader they'll use James Earl Jones' voice like they did at the end of ROTS 

2. This was the most intriguing part of the announcement. I am a little bit a opposed to the idea that Vader and Obi-Wan actually met between III and IV but there is leeway as Vader never said their previous encounter was on Mustafar. They would just have to be very careful about doing it cause judging by the dialogue Vader has in A New Hope Obi-Wan technically should win the fight I feel.

• Like 2

to be honest I always thought it was a given that Liam Neeson would be in this show/movie. Yoda literally tells Obi-Wan at the end of episode 3 that he will meet Qui-Gon on Tatooine. If this is the only Obi-Wan content we get then it would be weird to not have Qui-Gon, imo.

• Like 2

I don't think that Safdie has a big role. Rows indicate hierarchy so top row are the main characters, middle are supporting, last are tertiary characters. 

GOT actress was terrible on that show like all Sand Snakes so being only in the middle row gives me hope. I was worried she would be the female lead but fortunately it's the actress from the top row. 

I'm most excited for Obi Wan, Anakin and whoever is gonna play young Luke. They are keeping him a secret obviously but Owen (top row!) and Beru indicate he'd have a large presence. 

Edited by Valonqar