CJohn

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Disney+

===

Mando shoots were from Oct to Late Feb/Mid March for Early November releases.

Eight months post would be...

*checks calendar to make sure*

A possible start date of May 2022.

Say... May the 4th? YiBe40t.png

Now it is rumored to have only 6 episodes, so it is possible that they might finish it sooner.  But I have to think the siren song of May the 4th is gonna be irresistible, either as a start date or a finale date.

• Like 2

4d4kweu045j71.png

https://old.reddit.com/r/PrequelMemes/comments/pa46qh/i_have_a_mixed_feeling_about_this/

ngl, I actually laughed. 

(yes, I can laugh at some of the rougher aspects of trying to retro-wield canon, even when I end up enjoying it)

((also, let's face it, this was an excellent use of the Padme ".... right?" meme :lol:))

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 8/16/2021 at 3:21 PM, Porthos said:

Mando shoots were from Oct to Late Feb/Mid March for Early November releases.

Eight months post would be...

*checks calendar to make sure*

A possible start date of May 2022.

Say... May the 4thYiBe40t.png

Now it is rumored to have only 6 episodes, so it is possible that they might finish it sooner.  But I have to think the siren song of May the 4th is gonna be irresistible, either as a start date or a finale date.

shocker-shocked.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

So is this coming before or after Andor? We'll get the official release date on Disney+ date I assume

Andor's a funny bird.  12 episodes long and a lot of it was non-Volume work (the UK Volume didn't come online until March).  Shot from last Nov (or so) to Aug/Sep of this year (recently got confirmation that it has wrapped).

Now post begins as soon as an episode is done filming, so it's not like they waited until all 12 episodes were in the can. At the same time a three month long block might be a tough sell to jam in before Kenobi.  

If we use that same eight month window and presume an August end for Andor filming that gives the final four episodes juuuuuuuuuuuust enough clearance to land in April.

But then there's the length of Boba Fett.  If it's eight episodes, that already takes us to Feb 16.  One week off for reasons/Making of, then Andor runs all the way through May 18th, which would land Kenobi on June 1st.

Then again, if Andor is shifted post-Kenobi, then what goes on the calendar mid-Feb through April?  Maaaaaybe The Bad Batch S2 (without giving a crap about overlap)?  Just don't have any SW content those months and jam everything in the back half of 2022?

This is why I wouldn't be surprised if Andor split its season, making it more manageable calendar wise. Two six week long blocks are much easier to schedule than one twelve.

(none of this would be a concern if it wasn't for the lure of May 4th.  But I just expect that is an unmovable force and the schedule will just have to be warped around it)

===

ETA:::

I see that Jordan Maison is hearing "post-Kenobi" for Andor, which makes a ton of sense.  But he's also  hasn't heard when it might air, and that makes sense given all of the things I said above.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

What was it like on set?

I had this moment. I’d heard Ewan [McGregor] was supernice. And then we got to know each other a little bit, just hanging out and talking. Then there was this weird moment where I’m talking to Ewan and they yell “Action,” and he’d started talking to me, and I was like, “Oh, I’m talking to Obi-Wan right now. This is not Ewan McGregor. This is Obi-Wan Kenobi that I’m talking to.” My character is supposed to be a little bit intimidated by him, and I was a little bit intimidated. You know, it’s fucking Obi-Wan, what are you gonna do?

Hype pieces more than six months out?  And just because a person involved is in another (hugely hyped) project?

Oh, yes.  Obi-Wan Kenobi is gonna be massive.  

(at least at the start, after that it's all gonna be down to quality)

• Like 5

This will be huge among a certain group of SW fans (and I am very much among them), but I do wonder just how much that hype will translate overall. Still, Obi-Wan is a big enough name in SW that this should be the most successful non-Mando series by a mile. And if it isn't, it means some other series probably blew up. 

That said, one thing I noticed is despite the really positive reaction to Hayden returning online, my dad (who is not a fan of the prequels) immediately said "why?" I wonder if general audiences may react that way. Still, these D+ shows are more for the fans anyway. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

This will be huge among a certain group of SW fans (and I am very much among them), but I do wonder just how much that hype will translate overall. Still, Obi-Wan is a big enough name in SW that this should be the most successful non-Mando series by a mile. And if it isn't, it means some other series probably blew up. 

You know I'm fairly conservative by nature (if not by politics, lol), but the way buzz has been building for this, I think this is the one SW property next year that could rival Mando in success.

A lot of it will be down to sticking the landing, as always, as well as having a compelling opening.  But Ewan McGregor is nearly universally beloved as Obi-Wan Kenobi even by folks who turn their noses up at the prequels.  And like it or not, we all know Darth Vader is a draw

Been thinking this might be SW's Loki as some parallels are there.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You know I'm fairly conservative by nature (if not by politics, lol), but the way buzz has been building for this, I think this is the one SW property next year that could rival Mando in success.

A lot of it will be down to sticking the landing, as always, as well as having a compelling opening.  But Ewan McGregor is nearly universally beloved as Obi-Wan Kenobi even by folks who turn their noses up at the prequels.  And like it or not, we all know Darth Vader is a draw

Been thinking this might be SW's Loki as some parallels are there.

If everything goes right, it should beat Loki comfortably in the core SW markets (USA/Europe/Aus) though I guess we only have reliable data for the US anyway. My personal opinion on the storytelling advisability of the "rematch" aside, it will be a massive moment for a lot of people. It will blow the show up on a level comparable to Luke in Mando, if not even more, especially if the duel itself is well-staged and appropriately emotional. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3

@VenomXXR  Thats a very slightly edited one for the 2020 Investors Day reel, apparently.  Was originally put on YT earlier today but has since yanked.  Not sure if someone jumped the gun or not.  So that could be considered an actual leak and not an official vid.  At the moment at least. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2