That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

You think Nut Job 2 is gonna fall 2,000 theaters when there's absolutely nothing that looks good coming out?

So a 1,000 theaters drop then?

Tumbleweeds will blowing through the showings of Nut Job this weekend.

I don't know why studios aren't expanding Dunkirk and Spider-Man this weekend, movies that people actually give a shit about.

Nub Job is a disgrace.

22 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

You think Nut Job is going to keep those 4,003 theaters when it's looking to make around $3M next weekend?

No of course not. But its not giving up 2000 either.

3 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

Believe it or not, Nut Job 2 is #5 at the box office right now.  An average 12-screen multiplex will probably still want it if it's in the top 12 at the box office and nothing that looks like it'll get more than 1 screen comes out.

My guess is that it is probably gonna be 6th this weekend. There is nothing else.

• Like 1

I still think it is so weird how none of the Studios thought to release one of their Blockbusters in this virtually empty August. I mean why would you take Alien Covenant out of August? Why didn't Universal put the Mummy in August? Some of these weak movies might have done better because they'd have little competition.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

14 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

I feel like you're getting way too pressed about The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature.

you know what?  I'm seeing it tonight

Go Nuts then.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I still think it is so weird how none of the Studios thought to release one of their Blockbusters in this virtually empty August. I mean why would you take Alien Covenant out of August? Why didn't Universal put the Mummy in August? Some of these weak movies might have done better because they'd have little competition.

Fox got confident with Alien Covenant, Universal probably didn't want two Tom Cruise films within a month of each other, they originally had Pitch Perfect for August but moved it to Christmas. Kingsman would have done solid business but I think moving to September was also a good move..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

American Made would have been a good choice to release in August. Now it's stuck in between loads of adult competition 

It'll likely make similar numbers to Deepwater Horizon from that same weekend last year, but will actually be considered a success since the budget certainly isn't even close to as big.

Thor Ragnarok should have been released in August!

SS and GOTG have proven that we can have a 300M superhero hit in that month already.

Also Thor and JL wouldn't be eating away at each other's total like they will in Nov.

Just now, Mojoguy said:

Thor Ragnarok should have been released in August!

SS and GOTG have proven that we can have a 300M superhero hit in that month already.

Also Thor and JL wouldn't be eating away at each other's total like they will in Nov.

I really, really doubt Thor would've been ready in time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Pirates could have done better in August

• Like 3