filmlover

Best Director 2017

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, New Year New Panda said:

This would be the one case where I’d agree with the Nolanites that a snub for Nolan would be ridiculous.  Dunkirk is very well directed.

Should have been nominated for Memento, so it has been ridiculous for 15 years. Might as well keep the streak going.

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

What if Nolan gets snubbed again? he hit all 4 until stopped at AMPAS gates with Inception. 

i hope to see him nominated because if he isn't that's all anyone will be whining about in the thread tomorrow and i'm already annoyed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i hope to see him nominated because if he isn't that's all anyone will be whining about in the thread tomorrow and i'm already annoyed.

I would be legitimately angry if Nolan missed. You know those paragraph posts I get passionate enough to make? I'd probably end up writing one of those.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

1) If you're quoting the person you're tagging, you just get one notification for being quoted

2) Tagging a person multiple times in the same post doesn't appear to give you multiple notifications for each tag.

I still tagged you 100 times :sparta: 

If Nolan misses... I'll just shrug because we've already seen him miss seeming slam-dunk nominations twice. At least they had the courtesy to snub him in favor of the Coen Brothers the second time.

All you younguns on the board have no idea what a shitshow it was online when Dark Knight was snubbed in Picture and Director (and Adapted Screenplay, just for good measure) in favor of The Reader...

The reason I see Peele or Gerwig as more likely to miss than Nolan is that their films are very likely to go home empty-handed (one of the reasons Ridley Scott likely was replaced by Lenny Abrahamson two years ago, plus Gibson replacing Davis last year). Dunkirk is bound to pick up a few tech awards, while potential spoiler in this category Call Me by Your Name is assured a win thanks to the Adapted Screenplay category.

57 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The reason I see Peele or Gerwig as more likely to miss than Nolan is that their films are very likely to go home empty-handed (one of the reasons Ridley Scott likely was replaced by Lenny Abrahamson two years ago, plus Gibson replacing Davis last year). Dunkirk is bound to pick up a few tech awards, while potential spoiler in this category Call Me by Your Name is assured a win thanks to the Adapted Screenplay category.

Maybe that gives PTA or Villeneuve more reason for a nomination than the Berg or Guadagnino? :ph34r: