CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

Deadpool and Sniper were good comparisons to this afterall.

I also think legs will be relatively strong.  It's also having a diluted OW due to the Hurricane, it being September and NFL football.  The WoM is really strong and my theater was loving it.

Only issue may be that the audience definitely skewed younger.

4 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Fans of horror, is there any other beloved horror property (be it a book, an old film, or even an urban legend) that has the potential to pull an It if done well, marketed well, and cast well?

Just curious about your thoughts.

To be honest, I'd love to see a Psycho remake. Others maybe possibly Invasion of the body snatchers, or hell I wouldn't mind a redo if some B level horror flicks like Motel Hell. Puppet Master came to mind but I'm not sure, maybe if it was in the right hands.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Go look at my $100M OW club. 

The moment Han gave his prediction, we all knew he had Wonder Womaned IT and now look at this movie float too. 

There's no Han curse but Han used to have good luck last year. Though there's definitely a Kevin curse. 

Just now, The Pumpkin Spice Panda said:

So... How many comic book films will IT beat at the BO this year?

I think

Logan

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Thor: Ragnorak

Justice League

How low do you think JL is going?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Go look at my $100M OW club. 

The moment Han gave his prediction, we all knew he had Wonder Womaned IT and now look at this movie float too. 

But we don't know if he liked IT yet or not so we can say for sure!

(I won't be seeing it until Wednesday at the earliest either so I'm jealous of everyone else right now too :lol:)

4 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I personally don't think CotC is high up there anymore.  They have made about 7 of them that have gone straight to HV.  

I'm sure there are other Dean Koontz and Peter Straub horror novels that would make excellent horror films.  And then you have Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews.  I haven't read all of them but the first book is iconic and very well done.  If they gave it the right treatment, it could do very well, imo.

Speaking of Koontz, I would LOVE remake of Phantoms, I hated the movie with Affleck in it, horrible. I think that would be a great movie to redo, excellent story and really creepy vibe.

Also Midnight would be a very interesting, but tough task to make but I'd have faith. 

I think if my memory serves me right Intensity I believe was done before? It was done european I think, or at least they took parts of Dean's work.

• Like 2

Also remember IT, is doing this while a Cat 4-5 hurricane is about to barrel through a whole state. 

If not for the hurricane, i think this could have given Deadpool a run for its money in terms of breaking the 3-day record. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Pumpkin Spice Panda said:

So... How many comic book films will IT beat at the BO this year?

I think

Logan

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Thor: Ragnorak

Justice League

I don't think it'll beat JL or Ragnarok but it'll beat Logan