grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I remember when the first GOtg came out and I assumed Diesel was playing Groot using motion capture and it turns it he was just saying the one line over and over. Uh, why even hire the guy when you could have gotten pretty much anyone, especially a talented voice artist? Lol

......THE IRON GIANT? Duh.

As for people complaining about the villains buddying up with the crew, don't be shocked if it turns out in #9/10 whatever that Han is alive.

I mean this is a franchise that's already pulled some absurd plot twists just to bring back certain characters. Why not another? (Oh and Justin Lin back directing these main F&F movies, and that guy who played Han is a buddy of Lin's from the days when they worked together before Lin even joined that franchise? Just saying....)

16 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I remember when the first GOtg came out and I assumed Diesel was playing Groot using motion capture and it turns it he was just saying the one line over and over. Uh, why even hire the guy when you could have gotten pretty much anyone, especially a talented voice artist? Lol

They hired big names for both the CGI chars for marketing purposes since Pratt was such an unknown, the supporting cast wasn't particularly famous and the concept was way out there. Which in retrospect is super silly, since not one person alive saw those movies cuz Bradley Cooper voiced the raccoon or Vin Diesel the tree

Well, maybe Vin Diesel did. So one person

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

They hired big names for both the CGI chars for marketing purposes since Pratt was such an unknown, the supporting cast wasn't particularly famous and the concept was way out there. Which in retrospect is super silly, since not one person alive saw those movies cuz Bradley Cooper voiced the raccoon or Vin Diesel the tree

928412.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, MrWhite said:

No Justin Lin? No Justice for Han?

Asian representation VERY lacking

Yup. Down with this movie!

(though I’m a bit uncomfortable with the fact that boycotting this movie means we’re on the side of Vin Diesel)

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Yup. Down with this movie!

(though I’m a bit uncomfortable with the fact that boycotting this movie means we’re on the side of Vin Diesel)

If Han is alive, I will choose whatever side he shows up on. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chewy said:

especially strange looking back on it, given that Bradley Cooper doesn't do any promotion for the films.

8 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Lol you know Sean Gunn is low key pissed.

Dude tries so hard, wakes up at 5am every day for 100 day shoot. Then this guy on stilts does 30 minutes in a VO booth and makes more money than you and gets far more credit. When Vin dies, they will say, and he was everyones favorite Groot too!!! 

That's his recompense for having his life handed to him on a spoon by his visionary director brother.

• Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, cookie said:

Is it wrong of me to say I completely forgot there was a character named Han in these movies?

Dont worry, the series kinda forgot it as well.

Though i think its funny that they also had Wonder Woman in their team. I bet they regret killing her off.

1 hour ago, Ranger Tree said:

especially strange looking back on it, given that Bradley Cooper doesn't do any promotion for the films.

That's his recompense for having his life handed to him on a spoon by his visionary director brother.

I remember Cooper doing a fair amount of promotion for GOtg 1. But yeah he’s been MIA promoting GOtG 2 and Infinity War

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Dont worry, the series kinda forgot it as well.

Though i think its funny that they also had Wonder Woman in their team. I bet they regret killing her off.

I'm sure she will find her way back to the franchise if they want it.