aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

Jamie was saying this could/would happen in the face of most of our over predictions. My 63mil prediction is...yikes. Lol 

I'm not going to ask what went wrong because I know what went wrong. Alcon are bitting their nails tonight.

Well people don't bitch about 2017's box office in December. It's the Studios fault, as Paramount is having their weakest year since 2004. But Universal, Lionsgate, WB, and Disney are all doing fine. Blade Runner just had a click with audiences, no branding except Harrison Ford. $100 million stateside but overseas saves it. 

Happy Death Day could save October maybe but in blockbuster levels. Unless, Madea breaks out like last year. 

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

We don't have Friday's numbers... but that must mean they're that bad if TOLDJA to jump immediately into the 3-day total like that.

That's true.

It's time everyone stop acting like a 4mil Thursday number is good in this time period. That 4 mil number has only led to 35-36mil openings too many times for us to be impressed or on the fence about it anymore. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Pleasantly surprised with Blade Runners Cinemascore. Thought for sure it would be a B due to the complaints about length. Maybe a B+ at most. Know this probably doesn't mean much but cool that the GA is at least appreciating it.

It's been doing pretty solid on Flixster since last night too.

Welp. There goes my derby. Not really interested in watching the movie, but figured with everyone being so hyped about it plus higher presales, that it'd at least get past 50m. It worked for It, I was hoping WB would get BR49 there too. Good thing I went down from 63m to 54m, but it's still going to miss that by >10m....

:sadben:

3 minutes ago, XO21 said:

When I said Apes, Gravity, The Martian pre sales comparison was misleading I got jumped on being told it was on lock for $50m :apocalypse:

Guardians of Galaxy 2's presales were above Civil War and Avengers. The Presale thing is overstated now or days. My huge over prediction had very little to do with presales for that very reason. You being jumped on was silly.