aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

There were rumors on Saturday morning from rivals that Alcon Entertainment/Sony’s Blade Runner 2049 via Warner Bros. was going to drop below $30M for the weekend. Business hasn’t gotten that bad yet, and Saturday night’s ticket sales now point toward a $31.3M opening at 4,058 theaters. Estimates for the film have dropped from $45M on midday Friday, to $36M last night to where we are now. As expected, Blade Runner 2049 is frontloaded with Saturday seeing an estimated $11.26M, -11% decline from Friday’s $12.6M (which includes $4M Thursday previews).

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2017/10/blade-runner-2049-ryan-gosling-box-office-bomb-1202184297/

There were rumors on Saturday morning from rivals that Alcon Entertainment/Sony’s Blade Runner 2049 via Warner Bros. was going to drop below $30M for the weekend. Business hasn’t gotten that bad yet, and Saturday night’s ticket sales now point toward a $31.3M opening at 4,058 theaters. Estimates for the film have dropped from $45M on midday Friday, to $36M last night to where we are now. As expected, Blade Runner 2049 is frontloaded with Saturday seeing an estimated $11.26M, -11% decline from Friday’s $12.6M (which includes $4M Thursday previews).

11.26 Saturday = +29.4% jump from real Friday #

20th Century Fox/Chernin’s The Mountain Between Us is now looking at a second place slot with $10.1M after a $4.1M Saturday, +17% from Friday.

+31.2% from real Friday #

New Line/Warner Bros.’ ever-powerful It is looking at $9.59M per industry estimates in third, -43% for a running cume of $304.8M by EOD Sunday. Saturday made $4.35M, +62% over Friday.

And Lionsgate/Hasbro’s My Little Pony isn’t anything to be rearing about. Rival distributors were nodding over its potential double-digit results, especially for a little girl movie. But the pic is proven to be more niche than anything else with a $8.8M three-day, well below mid-teen tracking estimates and news of its solid advance ticket sales. Saturday’s business looks to be coming in at $3.49M, +18% over Friday.

Ouch.  +30% over real Friday

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

What kind of moron goes to see BR2049 if either they haven’t seen BR or they have seen it and didn’t like it?

Ehm I didn't see the original (or read anything about it) and I loved 2049. It was easy to follow

• Like 2

I guess most people were like myself and didn't even know that the My Little Pony movie existed.

We weren't discussing a film with a 30 million budget so saying that 30mil is good depending on the budget is pointless.

Edited by Zakiyyah6