Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

19 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Why do you care so much what other people do? Get over yourself. The world doesn't revolve around you. People don't have to live the way you think they should live at least in a free country. 

That's a big problem in society: too many people care too much about what other people are doing. Just focus on living your own life and being as happy as possible and let other people do what makes them happy (as long as it doesn't mean they hurt other people).

Ricky Gervais once said 

It's strange sort of bigotry that you can affect someone else's lifestyle that doesn't affect you back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

I'm not an expert on the subject whatsoever, but I'm allowed my fundamental beliefs. I believe this transgender stuff is a fad, but a dangerous one. We  as humans (well, certain ones) are appallingly arrogant in stating things like "Just because you're born with a penis, it doesn't mean your gender is male". Like, who do we think we are? A man may feel more feminine, and that's fine, so long as he accepts he is a man. He was born a man, he is a man, he will always be a man.

I want to make it clear that, despite by strong beliefs, I'm a character guy and I'm not someone who is going to despise or shame people who are transgender. I just don't have to believe in it. If I did know a transgender person, I would express my discomfort with it but I wouldn't treat them with any less respect than they deserve. All this to say, it's ok to have personal beliefs (before I get pounced on for being a this and that).

I am an expect. You could not be more wrong.  There is nothing wrong with being trans. By showing your discomfort is showing that person less respect. Your personal beliefs are wrong. There is nothing wrong with being trans. Do you also think it wrong to be gay, bi, or lesbian. Do think it would be okay if someone beliefs thought someone of different race or ethic group was wrong and made them feel discomfort. 

What makes you you feel uncomfortable? Maybe you should try to learn more about the trans community. There no reason to feel uncomfortable. We all humans why feel discomfort around a group of people. Go to lgbt center and learn more about the trans community.  You beliefs are irrational. There is no logic to your beliefs. You are the same beliefs let hate rule the world. Your discomfort is why there are wars since people do not understand group of humans.  Why not learn to let go of discomfort and learn to love and accept.  You would be happy person.   You might even make great friends in the process. Start to learn about trans community and hear there stories. Being trans is only one part of thier life.  You most likely would have a lot in common with person who is trans.  All you are doing is limited yourself from other people just some belief which has no ground in reality. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Could someone like translate/calculate this into box-office terms, if say it was released and sold that many tickets in todays Avg. Ticket Price? 

Using BOM avg. ticket price ($9.14), ~$410M.

Edited by Jason

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Don’t forget that’s 45 million accounts out of 137 million accounts worldwide. 

Given the number of users per account well over 100 million people have probably watched it. 

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Around 450m.

Then I think Netflix should consider giving it a go in theaters. They could just have it in limited run for promotion, and people who aren't subscribed to Netflix might just find themselves subscribing to Netflix.  

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Then I think Netflix should consider giving it a go in theaters. They could just have it in limited run for promotion, and people who aren't subscribed to Netflix might just find themselves subscribing to Netflix.  

the movie did play in a couple theaters to qualify for awards and such. not tracked tho.

Edited by CoolioD1

Bullock is still a BO star, but these stats mean nothing. There;s a difference between watching a movie at home and dragging your ass to the movie theater for an actor. Nicole Kidman is apparently a tv star lately, but her movies have flopped in theaters for years. Of course, Bullock is in another category. She's still a beloved star at the BO