Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Someone shot up a mosque in New Zealand and apparently he was livestreaming the shooting from his perspective. Jesus christ.

The descriptions of the footage floating around sound horrific. There aren't any words that can describe that type of evil.

• Sad 10

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Apparently it was a coordinated attack. Two mosques attacked at the same time.

087422cb6f2163ba7fa2096e6e51c8f2?width=6

Not at the same time, same guy who drove to the second one after the first attack.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mulder said:

Not at the same time, same guy who drove to the second one after the first attack.

Well shit. I'm sorry if I was spreading misinformation if I'm wrong.

Yeah this is a  problem with social media spread after a shooting. We don't know what's going on, information flying everywhere.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Someone shot up a mosque in New Zealand and apparently he was livestreaming the shooting from his perspective. Jesus christ.

That video auto played on my twitter feed. I couldn’t exit out of the app fast enough. I’m sick. 

Edited by Nova
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 1

Yes, it's believed the one guy started at the Al Noor Mosque and then drove to the Linwood Mosque.  The pink bit in the bottom right hand corner of the Botanic Gardens is the Hospital being referenced.

FYI

New Zealand is a unitary state so police fall under the central government.  You'll see the Prime Minister heavily involved with this.  

• Sad 2

I have no idea why Twitter isn’t doing more to have the video removed. Anytime I go to check for updates, it’s the same video being played. And now other sites are uploading it. Why anyone wants to see people being gunned/cornered into a wall and being killed as if a game of COD is on is beyond me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I have no idea why Twitter isn’t doing more to have the video removed. Anytime I go to check for updates, it’s the same video being played. And now other sites are uploading it. Why anyone wants to see people being gunned/cornered into a wall and being killed as if a game of COD is on is beyond me. 

Complete desensitization towards other people tbh.

• Like 2