Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

Just saw that Cruel Intentions is getting a re-release this weekend.

I mean, there's a movie that came out 20 years ago this month that was groundbreaking, hugely influential, and absolutely should be given a proper anniversary re-release... and clearly, that movie is Cruel Intentions.

I'd vouch more for Baby Geniuses myself

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

are you talking about triple frontier aka my favourite performance of the year so far

He getting irrational and greedy because of all the money he saw in the house is funny bad. I haven’t finished it yet, but that was such a bad piece of acting that I had to come here and comment on it.

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

He getting irrational and greedy because of all the money he saw in the house is funny bad. I haven’t finished it yet, but that was such a bad piece of acting that I had to come here and comment on it.

a beautifully acted moment of a man suddenly consumed by greed. after his first scene, channelling that sadfleck meme, dead-behind-the-eyes energy as a shitty real estate agent hating his life i had already engraved his name on an oscar. genius performance.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

The news of Myspace’s deletion has prompted comparisons with other early internet communities that closed down, deleting huge swaths of online history in the process, from the website maker Geocities to the failed social network Google Plus. But those sites managed to give enough warning for archivists to capture the heart of their communities for posterity. In 2016, the Internet Archive launched a searchable collection of every GIF ever posted to Geocities, after mirroring the entire network in 2009, shortly before it closed down.

At the weekend, a group of volunteers announced they were working to preserve Google Plus posts on the Internet Archive before the site closes in April. The archive estimates it costs about $2 to permanently archive 1 gigabyte of data.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/mar/18/myspace-loses-all-content-uploaded-before-2016

Aren't they forgetting something?  BOM forums.  Shocking lapse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Just saw that Cruel Intentions is getting a re-release this weekend.

I mean, there's a movie that came out 20 years ago this month that was groundbreaking, hugely influential, and absolutely should be given a proper anniversary re-release... and clearly, that movie is Cruel Intentions.

I have no idea why that movie is back in theaters this weekend either.

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Yeesh, and I know YouTube comments section is the worst place on the internet to be, but it's kind of alarming how many people are saying "not watching endgame because Larson is gonna be in it"

Eh I have doubts about that...

They will want to stroke themselves to seeing Thanos back on screen

I cant sleep so ive just decided to start watching The Sopranos.

10 Episodes in. Pretty good stuff so far. But damns the show has a lot of episodes lol.

Edited by Brainbug

That Batman Trailer makes me shudder...

This Avengers Trailer is also lol

I wonder something around 2012 or 2013 changed for trailers, anyone know?

Like I remember Iron Man 3 trailer was super serious.