Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, Cap said:

Probably the man who would be king

Good film. This was a dream project of John Huston; he tried to seel it to Warners and MGM as a Bogart/Gable film; that fell through so  he made "Sierra Madre" instead.

One of my favorite Connory films that does not get much mention nowdays is "Robin and Marion".

Connory and Caine would also  in "A Bridge Too Far" althought they did not have any scenes together.

Edited by dudalb

Re-watched Only the Brave and honestly gotta say it's one of the more disappointing box office runs I've ever tracked. One of, if not the best, movie of 2017 in my opinion. Should have made at least triple what it did. 

I started watching A Bridge to Far again the other night. Times have changed. The actual film doesn't start until 5 min 30 sec in. Half the time is a newsreel prologue to get us up to date on WW2 and then credits for at least 100+ of the crew.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Re-watched Only the Brave and honestly gotta say it's one of the more disappointing box office runs I've ever tracked. One of, if not the best, movie of 2017 in my opinion. Should have made at least triple what it did. 

The rare movie to get me to full-on ugly cry. Totally agree that it deserved much more box office success than it got.

• Like 1

Only the Brave was definitely one of the more overlooked movies of its year. Joseph Kosinski is the main reason why anyone should have good expectations for a Top Gun 2 (bonus points that he's brought a number of his Brave stars over for it also).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

This is the fourth Muslim terrorist attack in a week in Europe... this is getting seriously out of hand and I wish something would be done that's more than "Thoughts and prayers" and "Standing up against hate".

35 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Just put the FB franchise out of it's misery. I was a huge Potter fan, but liked neither of the FB films.

I liked the first movie but I kinda agree with you. There so much negative press surrounding those films and getting rid of Depp is not going to fix much. They would have do a massive 180 overhaul if they want at least one of those movies to be well received.