Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

@Squadron Leader Tele

Man I think I am finally a LA guy. Just met my new nutritionist and she basically said to turn vegan to the delight of my wife.

I didnt even know you can make pasta out of Cauliflower.

Since when are grains not vegetarian/vegan???

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I am supposed to go low carb.

I don't even get it. I am thin, extremly handsome, etc.

How the f*ck am I even diabetic? 

Low carb isn't vegan:)...that's meat/fish forward, actually:)...

Although did the doc say low carb or did they say "balanced", b/c a lot of times diabetics need to balance complex carbs/healthy fats/proteins in meals, not avoid carbs all together...

Edited by TwoMisfits

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Low carb isn't vegan:)...that's meat/fish forward, actually:)...

Although did the doc say low carb or did they say "balanced", b/c a lot of times diabetics need to balance complex carbs/healthy fats/proteins in meals, not avoid carbs all together...

Sorry partial info. They want me to be on a vegan plus low carb diet to kick things off.

I can incorporate some carbs in a few months if things go well.

7 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Low carb, high fat, high protein, little/no sugar. That's my general aim these days. 

Looks like I am going tele diet for a while.

• Like 2

So we found out my friend has never seen Star Wars. Ever. Doesn't know a damn thing about it. To the point where she doesn't know about "Death Vader is Luke's father". I mean NOTHING. So she wants to marathon them with me before Last Jena.

So what order does she watch the movies in? 4,5,6,1,2,3,Rogue One,7? Does she watch it in the order where she can experience the "no I am your father" twist, or have her watch Anakin go dark with her not knowing that he's going to turn bad? And how do we fit in Rogue one? After the OT? Immediately after a new hope?

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

So we found out my friend has never seen Star Wars. Ever. Doesn't know a damn thing about it. To the point where she doesn't know about "Death Vader is Luke's father". I mean NOTHING. So she wants to marathon them with me before Last Jena.

So what order does she watch the movies in? 4,5,6,1,2,3,Rogue One,7? Does she watch it in the order where she can experience the "no I am your father" twist, or have her watch Anakin go dark with her not knowing that he's going to turn bad? And how do we fit in Rogue one? After the OT? Immediately after a new hope?

Just watch it in release order.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Either 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 or in chronological order.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Sorry partial info. They want me to be on a vegan plus low carb diet to kick things off.

I can incorporate some carbs in a few months if things go well.

Looks like I am going tele diet for a while.

That's a rough diet to stick to...good luck!  

PS - I would also get a 2nd opinion since it's a new diagnosis - no harm to see if someone else gets the same results for the diagnosis and has the same treatment idea...I know when I had chronic hypertension while pregnant that I had 2 docs prescribe the exact opposite treatment...made for an interesting discussion between the 2 when I had them chat...(thankfully, I only had to live with that for 9 months b/c it was awful!)

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So what order does she watch the movies in?

Release order seem the safest strategy, the movie are so popular that they probably assume you have seen them while making them, that said even people that have never seen a Star Wars movie tend to be able to score 10/10 on a star wars quiz with the biggest lore element, like what is a jedi, already know about the father twist so it is not really an option, it is only an option for really young child. If that changed with the new generation it would be a new thing to not have everyone know all of this, just by how much it was referenced in pop-culture.

Skipping the prequel could also be tempting, specially if they continue to be never referenced in the new one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DAJK said:

You can do the release order (4,5,6,1,2,3,7), with Rogue One optional at the end.

The McWeeny Order (4,5,1,2,3,6,7) with Rogue One optional at the end.

Or the chronological order 1,2,3,4,5,6,7) with Rogue One optional after 3.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2