Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

For some reason I want UNC to go down. Doubt it will happen though.

yeah I doubt it will happen, but still another whole half to go so never know

Ahh, the joys of fandom:

“To be absolutely honest, it [was] kind of impossible,” he explained. “Sherlock became the animal that it became immediately. Whereas even with [the U.K. version of] The Office, it was a slow burn. But Sherlock was frankly notably high quality from the outset. And when you start [that high] it’s pretty hard to maintain that.

“Being in that show, it is a mini-Beatles thing,” he concluded. “People’s expectations, some of it’s not fun anymore. It’s not a thing to be enjoyed, it’s a thing of: ‘You better f—ing do this, otherwise, you’re a c—.’ That’s not fun anymore.”

There are other... choice comments circulating around from the Telegraph interview.  Lots of kneejerk reactions, many sympathetic ones as well.

The whole issue of toxic fandom is gonna need a reckoning one day.  Just not sure how that reckoning happens, or when.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Oh, Terry Gilliam, noooo. Oh, nooooooooooooo.

Thought he died, but he pulled a Matt Damon instead.

Matt Damon has been working overtime to rehabilitate his image, he is even including diversity riders in contracts now.

3 hours ago, DAR said:

Just listened to a Disney Podcast and the discussion switched to Galaxy’s Edge.

It’s about the 17 minute mark

https://disneydish.bandcamp.com/track/ep-151-history-of-indiana-jones-and-star-wars-in-disney-theme-parks

Guess what’s on the menu when that part opens at Disneyland and Disney Studios

giphy.gif&key=c00810d93c99bfde1d34377d4f

Wizarding World, eat your heart out!

2 hours ago, The Mad Panda said:

Dang it, Wichita State is the second wound to my bracket.  Had them going to the third round over WVU too.

I'm literally too OCD for the brackets. I'd still be trying to fill one out right now. I could maybe predict a Final Four, that's not bad, but trying to decide if St. Johns Aquinas Bonaventura is going to upset Duke or not in a 64 team bracket, yeah no fam.

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I'm literally too OCD for the brackets. I'd still be trying to fill one out right now. I could maybe predict a Final Four, that's not bad, but trying to decide if St. Johns Aquinas Bonaventura is going to upset Duke or not in a 64 team bracket, yeah no fam.

It's easy, in a millisecond you just decide yes or no and go with that. :lol: