Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I had no idea about this whole Match Day thing, but man it's pretty cool. Med students opening a letter to find out where they'll be doing their residency. It's actually heartwarming seeing everybody open their letters and jump around, not gonna lie. Hopefully I can jump around soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

I was just trying to troll you into thinking he was talking about AVATAR. :( 

:ohmyzod:but he was talking about a film with no shelf life... Avatar has the second most shelf life of any blu-ray ever

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Only second? Weak.

You're right it's weak, it will be rectified in 2020. Frozen got the children sales inflation, hard to beat... only way I keep myself sane is knowing that the difference is <2%. I mean it's nowhere as weak as Holywood's attempts at out-grossing Titanic, let alone Avatar.

Edited by IronJimbo

Just now, DAR said:

There was a higher power at play on the winning shot - that ball misses 99 times out of 100...but somehow, it got the miracle bank and went in:)...it's a nice story with the team and Sister Jean...and the 1st 16 Cinderella - here's hoping for a few more!

27 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Russians have a similar way with "No", turning it into "Yeah no probably" a lot of the time. One of those things that must be maddening to foreigners without a really firm grasp on the language. 

• Like 1

OHMYGOD the funniest thing today at work. It was slow so it was just me and one other girl in concession, and I freaking love working with her she makes every thing that happens funnier

So this old guy came out at the end of Wrinkle just angry at how much he didn't like it. He wanted a refund, and we have a half hour refund policy that we usually extend to 45 minutes but still he watched the whole thing and was just being an asshole about it, telling us we're trying to screw him over and whatnot.

So I told him like "I'm really sorry you didn't enjoy it, but all I can do is follow policy, I can go get my manager if you would like to speak to him"

And so I don't know if he was trying to say "chew you out" or "give you a lickin" or calling me an asshole" but he said "no, I'm going to finish licking your asshole before I start on your manager!!" And I really tried not to laugh but the girl I was working with was right next to us she started dying and had to step into the next room, and I heard her trip and fall knocking over all the brooms.

The guy left pretty angry, and when I told my manager about it, he actually snickered too and just said don't worry about it

• Haha 14

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

OHMYGOD the funniest thing today at work. It was slow so it was just me and one other girl in concession, and I freaking love working with her she makes every thing that happens funnier

So this old guy came out at the end of Wrinkle just angry at how much he didn't like it. He wanted a refund, and we have a half hour refund policy that we usually extend to 45 minutes but still he watched the whole thing and was just being an asshole about it, telling us we're trying to screw him over and whatnot.

So I told him like "I'm really sorry you didn't enjoy it, but all I can do is follow policy, I can go get my manager if you would like to speak to him"

And so I don't know if he was trying to say "chew you out" or "give you a lickin" or calling me an asshole" but he said "no, I'm going to finish licking your asshole before I start on your manager!!" And I really tried not to laugh but the girl I was working with was right next to us she started dying and had to step into the next room, and I heard her trip and fall knocking over all the brooms.

The guy left pretty angry, and when I told my manager about it, he actually snickered too and just said don't worry about it

@WrathOfHan  The future? 

• Haha 3