Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm yet to see it but I always suspected this to be the case, all of the MCU have a similar formulaic feel and why would this one be any different.

One difference versus most is the "villain" and is motivation's, it was a really good one (enough to debate who are the villain really here) and even if it is a bit played easy and cheating a bit, quite a difficult setup to land for the hero side (they are really bad guys themselve)

Sadly the movie really take is time before getting started and require for the audience to be in awe to the world presented to not be lost before that time and that aspect I would imagine work more often to the american audience than for some others.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

BP is excellent but it's quite possible that thematically some of it is directly tied to the American experience.

ya, think so. I mean I'm happy for anyone who really connects to a movie for any reason, I don't need to agree, but none of what you guys have been so excited about came across in my screening. The cinema was fairly busy but don't think there were any non white people in it.

Just now, Jandrew said:

So the northeast is still getting mountains of snow and sub-40 temps and it's like April next week? Can't relate. I gotta be careful with the gloating though, it's 'nader season afterall.

yep we are getting some rain/snow/sleet.  Not the first time for us this time of year and not the last :P

6 minutes ago, Treetanic said:

ya, think so. I mean I'm happy for anyone who really connects to a movie for any reason, I don't need to agree, but none of what you guys have been so excited about came across in my screening. The cinema was fairly busy but don't think there were any non white people in it.

The shit was buzzing in London. Saw people I haven seen in years. The audience cheering and shit. 

1 minute ago, AJG said:

The shit was buzzing in London. Saw people I haven seen in years. The audience cheering and shit. 

Only time people have ever audibly cheered in a cinema is the times I've seen The Room. 

:sparta:

Holy shit, one of our theaters is actually participating in Ghibli Fest :ohmygod:

I guess they'll keep going throughout the year...they're even playing Grave of the Fireflies in August.

At least I can see Porco Rosso and Mononoke at last.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Holy shit, one of our theaters is actually participating in Ghibli Fest :ohmygod:

I guess they'll keep going throughout the year...they're even playing Grave of the Fireflies in August.

At least I can see Porco Rosso and Mononoke at last.

Local cinema here has a studio ghibli season every single year where they do one each week. People love those movies.

18 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

weirdly 2012 was the one time i can remember seeing a movie in a UK audience that was going crazy cheering and stuff.

I remember seeing that in France with my school exchange, of course in France it's got a French dub so my exchange kid made sure it was a subtitled screening that we went to. Naturally the subtitles were in French... I don't think I missed out on much though tbh. 

21 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

weirdly 2012 was the one time i can remember seeing a movie in a UK audience that was going crazy cheering and stuff.

Just now, Treetanic said:

I remember seeing that in France with my school exchange, of course in France it's got a French dub so my exchange kid made sure it was a subtitled screening that we went to. Naturally the subtitles were in French... I don't think I missed out on much though tbh. 

Took me until this post to realise you were talking about the movie 2012, not the year 2012.

I get it now.