Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

We are going at 3:15 on Saturday at the Chinese IMAX

Gotcha. Meet you all there.

Drinks on me. I have to live vicariously through you all with no devil juice for me. 

And seriously any chicas or no? 

10 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Gotcha. Meet you all there.

Drinks on me. I have to live vicariously through you all with no devil juice for me. 

And seriously any chicas or no? 

Given the movie it might be 60/40 sausage fest

Edited by DAR

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

To an extent, I agree. Back when I was 11 or so and started learning about politics, I took right-wing views simply because my parents were Republicans (IE Obama is a terrible president, we need to be a country firmly in religion, gays are bad, etc). However, I started questioning why I believed that stuff not long after; of all things, the Chick Fil A controversy basically opened my eyes on more liberal views. I was also moving away from Catholicism for various reasons, and by the time I was 13, I had entirely different views than the rest of my family.

Keep in mind I started learning about what my political views and religious beliefs are at the onset of adolescence. At this college, almost everyone is 18+. By now, they should know about opposing viewpoints unless they were sheltered and/or homeschooled by their parents. Maybe at that point you've just been indoctrinated so much you can't stray away? idk

I get what you are saying and trust me I have thought about this a lot too.

The problem is that I don't know how easy it is to judge someone for not having the courage or the mental strength to doubt things that were taught to him as fundamentals for pretty much all his life. In rural areas like some pretty small towns, it is extremely difficult to find different voices. In such conservative communities there are no opportunity of seeing things from a different perspective. The only way to do so is search for yourself via internet etc but you probably know better than me that is usually not a subject that most teens care enough to do so and even If they put the effort on the impact of the family is usually much stronger than any other factor.

I don't know... I don't think that there is a clear answer but what I can tell you is that I have met people without evil in their sould that have poor views simply because they were never given any different perspective in certain issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is why I want to go out of state. I'm sure I'd find more like-minded students at a Florida university, but many schools in this state aren't hard to get into, especially with community college articulation agreements that guarantee admission with an associates degree. At a more prestigious university, I would more than likely be with many students up to my level (obligatory 4.0 GPA brag). However, I'm still a little unclear about what my college path is, so this is just fantasizing :lol: 

My advice would be to go out of state.

The easy choices are never the good ones.

• Thanks 1