Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I got a job offer which is pretty good salary wise.  Not crazy about the job, and also lose a lot of salary upfront due to parking and tolls so it's not as good as it should be.  But I only have about 6-7 weeks of unemployment left so I feel "forced" that I probably should take it regardless

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAR said:

My stance on the NFL remains the same as other sports.   I'm just going to watch the games.  No off the field, pregame/postgame hullaballoo for me.

that's been my stance for many, many years and no ESPN either.  It's made sports so much more enjoyable when I actually do watch.  This new "ruling" doesn't affect how I feel about the NFL in any way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

apparently damon lindelof's watchmen is gonna be from the perspective of some cops, not the actual superheros? that sounds crazy. that sounds like the agents of shield version of watchmen.

Sounds a lot like Astro City which is basically about the effects the superheroes have on the everyday people more than about their adventures. It's a really good comic series, but it would require some really good writing to pull off in a TV series.

We’ve had a lot of crazy fandoms on these boards, from Nolanites, to The Snyder Apologists, to the Cameron Cult

But there’s not a single fan base worse than the Rian Johnson/Kathleen Kennedy haters.  You can’t go into a thread without one of them talking about how nobody likes Star Wars anymore, or how TLJ ruined Star Wars, or how Solo is going to have a sub-50m OW.  It’s one of the few fanbases that’s sole purpose is to hate and whine (they deserve to be separated from the Star Wars fan base because they’re pretty much a sub-clique now)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

We’ve had a lot of crazy fandoms on these boards, from Nolanites, to The Snyder Apologists, to the Cameron Cult

But there’s not a single fan base worse than the Rian Johnson/Kathleen Kennedy haters.  You can’t go into a thread without one of them talking about how nobody likes Star Wars anymore, or how TLJ ruined Star Wars, or how Solo is going to have a sub-50m OW.  It’s one of the few fanbases that’s sole purpose is to hate and whine (they deserve to be separated from the Star Wars fan base because they’re pretty much a sub-clique now)

it's why I never go into any star wars thread any more, or almost any thread that starts to move into the direction of Star Wars

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pandamia! said:

hold up, HOLD UP

are you meaning to imply that the Cameron Cult is bad?

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

200.gif

• Like 2