Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is probably the first thing that gives me a sign that that project could be any good tbh.

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

This has to be a joke, right?

Have you watched Barbie’s Dream House or any of the new media they are doing lately? It is /awesome/. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She hasn't appeared in anything since I, Tonya (voice performance in Peter Rabbit doesn't count) and only has four movies in the pipeline before this (December's Mary Queen of Scots, Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, late next year's Fair and Balanced, and early 2020's Birds of Prey or whatever it's called), that's hardly "being in every movie."

She was in Terminal, she's also in "Ruin" and "Dundee" probably a few others.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gravestonedt said:

you seem cool, but I am alerting just in case.

One time when I changed my password on BOT, a member posted something within the next hour that seemed very similar to my password and almost felt like it was mocking it.  This was months ago, but i'll alert you guys about this and ^^above just in case to keep things free and safe.

@Vanilla  @Impact  @grim22  @#ED  @AndyLL  @Water Bottle  @Shawn

I'm right behind you.

• Like 1

lol https://variety.com/2018/music/news/greatest-showman-all-star-tribute-album-1202973528/

1. The Greatest Show – Panic! at the Disco
  2. A Million Dreams – Pink
  3. A Million Dreams (Reprise) – Willow Sage Hart
  4. Come Alive – Years & Years and Jess Glynne
  5. The Other Side – MAX and Ty Dolla $ign
  6. Never Enough – Kelly Clarkson
  7. This Is Me (The Reimagined Remix) – Keala Settle, Kesha and Missy Elliott
  8. Rewrite The Stars – James Arthur and Anne-Marie
  9. Tightrope – Sara Bareilles
  10. From Now On – Zac Brown Band

Bonus tracks:

1. The Greatest Show – Pentatonix
  2. Come Alive – Craig David
  3. This Is Me – Kesha
  4. Rewrite The Stars (Acoustic) – Zendaya
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

@WrathOfHan yup:

14x:

The Grinch: Isle of Dogs, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Deadpool 2, Show Dogs, Ocean’s 8, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Dog Days, Smallfoot

11x:

Smallfoot: Paddington 2, Early Man, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Incredibles 2 Round 5, Dog Days, Crazy Rich Asians

9x:

A Star is Born: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?, Blindspotting, BlacKkKlansman, Juliet, Naked, Searching, The Wife

Bumblebee: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Alpha, Venom

7x:

Venom: Black Panther, Game Night, Black Panther Round 2, Blockers, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Peter Rabbit, Love, Simon, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Ready Player One, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Alpha, Venom

The Girl in the Spider’s Web: A Dragon Tattoo Story: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2, Searching, Venom

6x:

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 5, Smallfoot

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 5, Smallfoot

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Alpha, Venom

5x:

Bad Times at the El Royale: Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, The First Purge

Bohemian Rhapsody: Deadpool 2, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Alpha

A Simple Favor: Adrift, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2, Blindspotting, The Spy Gone North

Wonder Park: Leave No Trace, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2, Smallfoot

4x:

First Man: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

The House with a Clock in Its Walls: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, The Meg

Night School: Blockers, Tag, Crazy Rich Asians, BlacKkKlansman

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Commuter, A Wrinkle in Time, Searching

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween: Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha, Smallfoot

Creed 2: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, The Karate Kid, The Meg, Venom

3x:

Can You Ever Forgive Me?: Unsane, Isle of Dogs, Book Club

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Crazy Rich Asians

Second Act: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2, Crazy Rich Asians

White Boy Rick: Superfly, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, BlacKkKlansman

Nobody’s Fool: The First Purge, Blindspotting, BlacKkKlansman

Dumbo: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Dog Days, Alpha

Overlord: Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mission: Impossible – Fallout Round 2 (IMAX), Searching

Aquaman: Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg, Venom

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

Mary Poppins Returns: A Wrinkle in Time, Leave No Trace

Life Itself: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

Mary, Queen of Scots: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

The Hate U Give: Blindspotting, BlacKkKlansman

What Men Want: Crazy Rich Asians, Juliet, Naked

Widows: Superfly, Searching

The Old Man and the Gun: Won’t You Be My Neighbor?, The Wife

Ben is Back: Juliet, Naked, The Wife

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part: Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Smallfoot

Robin Hood: Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Venom

1x:

The Current War: Wind River

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man

Johnny English Strikes Again: Tully

City of Lies: Hotel Artemis

The Predator: Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Halloween: The First Purge

Little Women: Leave No Trace

Serenity: The Karate Kid

If Beale Street Could Talk: BlacKkKlansman

Mid90s: BlacKkKlansman

Welcome to Marwen: Juliet, Naked

The Favourite: Juliet, Naked

What They Had: Juliet, Naked

Lizzie: Juliet, Naked

The Fog 4K: Madeline’s Madeline

The Great Battle: The Spy Gone North

Unbroken: Path to Redemption: The Spy Gone North

Hell Fest: Searching

SHAZAM!: Smallfoot

Colette: The Wife

On the Basis of Sex: The Wife

The Happy Prince: The Wife

Maria by Callas: The Wife

Glass: Venom

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

@WrathOfHan yup:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh yes.

7:

Bumblebee (Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha, The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Venom)

A Star Is Born (Ocean’s 8, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Crazy Rich Asians, BlacKkKlansman, The Nun, Searching, A Simple Favor)

Venom (Black Panther, Game Night, Blockers, Deadpool 2, The Meg, The Nun, The Predator)

6:

Night School (Blockers, Breaking In, Tag, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Crazy Rich Asians, BlacKkKlansman)

Smallfoot (Coco, Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha, Crazy Rich Asians, The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

5:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Alpha, The Predator)

Halloween (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Nun, The Predator, A Simple Favor)

The Hate U Give (Skyscraper, Unfriended: Dark Web, Sorry to Bother You, BlacKkKlansman, The Nun)

Overlord (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg, The Nun, Searching, The Predator)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2, Alpha, Venom)

4:

Creed II (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Skyscraper, Sorry to Bother You, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Ocean’s 8, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Searching, A Simple Favor)

Hell Fest (Unfriended: Dark Web, The Nun, Searching, The Predator)

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween (Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha, The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

Nobody’s Fool (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Spy Who Dumped Me, BlacKkKlansman)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Skyscraper, The Nun)

Widows (Ocean’s 8, Crazy Rich Asians, Searching, A Simple Favor)

3:

Aquaman (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg, The Predator)

First Man (Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Skyscraper, Mission: Impossible - Fallout)

Mary Poppins Returns (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin, The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter, Skyscraper, Searching)

Robin Hood (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Spy Who Dumped Me, A Simple Favor)

2:

Bad Times at the El Royale (The Spy Who Dumped Me, The Predator)

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Incredibles 2, The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Incredibles 2, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Serenity (Tag, The Predator)

Wonder Park (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin)

1:

Bohemian Rhapsody (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

Captain Marvel (Venom)

Colette (A Simple Favor)

The Current War (Wind River)

Dark Phoenix (Venom)

Dumbo (Christopher Robin)

Hunter Killer (A Simple Favor)

Instant Family (A Simple Favor)

Johnny English Strikes Again (The House with a Clock in Its Walls)

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Little Women (Leave No Trace)

Mid90s (BlacKkKlansman)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

On the Basis of Sex (Crazy Rich Asians)

Shazam! (The Meg)

What Men Want (Crazy Rich Asians)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gravestonedt said:

you seem cool, but I am alerting just in case.

One time when I changed my password on BOT, a member posted something within the next hour that seemed very similar to my password and almost felt like it was mocking it.  This was months ago, but i'll alert you guys about this and ^^above just in case to keep things free and safe.

@Vanilla  @Impact  @grim22  @#ED  @AndyLL  @Water Bottle  @Shawn

The mods/admin have zero access to passwords.  Inversion stores passwords using one way salted encryption.  Since we are cloud hosted we have no access to the database.  The forum is accessed over HTTPS which means all communication between your browser and the website is encrypted. 

What you experienced was coincidence 

• Like 1

Well, in response to the news that Patty Jenkins might direct the Barbie film, I'll say this: Jenkins is probably one of the few directors that is capable of directing that film with significant executuon.

Edited by Slambros

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

How did Mona Lisa NOT beat Girls Like You on the hot 100? Doubt it can do it next week because Lil Baby has taken over the streaming charts

This guy (https://twitter.com/simmnfierzig) is excellent at Hot 100 predictions. From what I can see he thinks Girls Like You will still be #1 next week. Shallow from ASIB will also get in the Top 10. Mona Lisa will fall in #24 lolll

Edited by FantasticBeasts

There were rumblings around town about Annapurna having some financial difficulty. We hear from insiders that they are re-calibrating. 

really shocking that this is happening to a studio that haven't released a movie that made any money. if Vice is a financial disappointment... gulp.

41 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

This guy (https://twitter.com/simmnfierzig) is excellent at Hot 100 predictions. From what I can see he thinks Girls Like You will still be #1 next week. Shallow from ASIB will also get in the Top 10. Mona Lisa will fall in #24 lolll

Yeah, I like reading his predictions, but JESUS @ that Mona Lisa drop. It's not impossible, but I don't think it's falling out of the top 10. It's still 5th on Spotify

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

really shocking that this is happening to a studio that haven't released a movie that made any money. if Vice is a financial disappointment... gulp.

Detroit bombing killed a lot of their momentum. They had enough power to get it into 3k theaters, so that floppage dissuaded theaters from picking up Sorry to Bother You and Professor Marston. The only way Vice is a financial disappointment is if it sucks. The Big Short managed to make over 130M WW with almost half of that coming from overseas, so Vice can easily get in the green with a 40M budget providing it's a big Oscar contender. We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

They have been more a producer than a distributor.

I imagine some made money, for sure Zero Dark thirty (Sony didn't seem to have any skin in the game here producers paid both budget and domestic P&A while world was pre-sold), Spring Breaker, American Hustle (they got a 80m paycheck on that one after paying for half the rather small domestic expense net of world sales and points toward the talent they probably made an healthy 25m profit on that), Sausage Party maybe Her and or Lawless.

Has a distributor maybe Sorry to bother you worked but yeah not a good track record in either field.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

so Vice can easily get in the green with a 40M budget providing it's a big Oscar contender. We'll see what happens.

No way Vice is just 40m right ?

http://film.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2.0-Website-Approved-Projects-List-Online-07.23.2018.pdf

Is codeName was Backseat, and it spent 40m in qualified expenditure alone according to the California film commission.

If it is just 40m (say just 44m and a bit rounded down) because of some extraordinary no above the line cost, out of state cost, etc... with everyone owning the movie and sharing the risk, sure it will be almost certainly profitable, but the profit will not go that much to them.

The Big Short was 49.5m gross around 43m/44m net budget, while box office mojo is saying 28M

https://fastlane.louisianaeconomicdevelopment.com/Film/FilmSearchDetails.aspx?ProjNum=Tbx5pp6EHFz07xsX8FjTww%3d%3d

For a comparable and give some idea how off they can be.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1