Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

11 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Timmy and Steve were fantastic, but the film really loses its momentum whenever Chalamet is off screen. The flashback scenes were especially bad and felt really superfluous. Still hits a lot of strong emotional beats, and it certainly got my fanboy ass teary-eyed. Van Groeningen was definitely smart to let his two talented lead actors breathe and take charge, because with any other cast, this would have been a disaster.

Also I know it's weird to say, but Steve Carell was kind of a DILF in this. I've never found him attractive in things before, but his gray beard was just...yes.

The whole structure of the film felt off, but the oddest choice had to be the music choices. Like when Carell is looking through Chalamet's journal and then finding out more about drugs and the score is a piece that sounds like it stepped out of the Sicario movies. Very strange.

Edited by filmlover

Ya know, for all the flack The Girl in the Spider's Web trailer has been getting for being attached to every movie, I'm growing equally tired of the trailer for On the Basis of Sex. They're attaching it to literally everything the past few months. @WrathOfHan would be wise to skip it in theaters cause it's gonna be catnip for old people.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Ya know, for all the flack The Girl in the Spider's Web trailer has been getting for being attached to every movie, I'm growing equally tired of the trailer for On the Basis of Sex. They're attaching it to literally everything the past few months. @WrathOfHan would be wise to skip it in theaters cause it's gonna be catnip for old people.

Otoh, I'll be living in a liberal city when it goes wide 🤔

Starz is getting a number of Disney movies from this decade before their license agreement expired after 2015 back for their second license periods (including Frozen, Inside Out, Monsters University, Big Hero 6, and more), a number of years earlier than they normally would have (8-9 years after original release) in November. lol Disney wants the rights to their content back for their streaming service ASAP.

https://hiddenremote.com/2018/10/18/starz-app-november-2018/

Edited by filmlover

I quit my job. That's one less thing I need to worry about in my life. The $140 or so per week really wasn't worth it anymore (well from what I was scheduled; I've been making much more than that at the cost of having no free time), and I'll be going to school in two months anyways.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2

Ah, yisss.

Now am I saying that because the Dodgers are getting shellacked, giving up eight straight runs?  Or am I saying that because it looks like we won't need to worry about another 18 inning marathon tonight?

THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW! :sparta:

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

the ball could have been hit differently last night and we would be looking at a game 4 wrap right now.

Game 7 next week?

Doubtful.  Might get to game six though.

===

Also, gotta give respect to the Translated "Fuck Off and Stay in Your Lane" that Dave Roberts just gave to Donald Trump. 👍

Turns out that all it takes for me to give props to the Dodgers is for Donald Trump to open his big fat mouth.

I guess I really DO have standards after all. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1