Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Does anyone think a movie like Titanic will ever happen again? Like, some out-of-nowhere blockbuster (I guess I shouldn't say out of nowhere as Cameron was a huge name then anyways plus the production was very publicized) but I mean not based on some pre-existing property blah blah that makes HUGE money, sweeps the Oscars, and cements itself in pop culture for pretty much every day since?

The answer to that is maybe, a bit like being sure there will never be an other Gretzky in the NHL, it is not like people thought 200 points in a season was possible before he did it and I would imagine people in 1997 didn't thought a 1.8 billion movie was possible before Titanic either.

A bit like Titanic, maybe it will need to be not fully free of pre-existing nothing (Titanic had not only Cameron but a rather famous world event for awareness).

Avatar was not that far from Titanic level and not so long ago.

35 minutes ago, romancechemicalsWW12 said:

does anyone here like to watch/look at things when they are up during their day?

When I'm up I like to look at the screen or the woman.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

The answer to that is maybe, a bit like being sure there will never be an other Gretzky in the NHL, it is not like people thought 200 points in a season was possible before he did it and I would imagine people in 1997 didn't thought a 1.8 billion movie was possible before Titanic either.

A bit like Titanic, maybe it will need to be not fully free of pre-existing nothing (Titanic had not only Cameron but a rather famous world event for awareness).

Avatar was not that far from Titanic level and not so long ago.

Yes but Avatar had nowhere near the pop culture legacy Titanic had/has. That movie is over 20 years old and is one of, if not the most iconic of all time no matter what generation you ask (again, that might be debatable, but it is certainly more so than Avatar). 

6 hours ago, romancechemicalsWW12 said:

could it have been any less embarrassing?  @M?  

10038600826_c717e456c8_z-400x230.jpg

I will never be able to look at a choir of girls again (in movies) and be reminded of the one and only.

Do we even want to know

When I left the station this morning to walk the rest of the way to work my weather app was frozen on the last time I looked at it yesterday afternoon, 39°C.  I refreshed it and it was 18.5°C.  Just a slight change.

• Like 1