Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

25 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Yes, for sure. I got that even just with the first season and change. Not only is it condensed, but it's much easier (for me) to keep track of faces rather than names.

Doesn't help in later seasons when so many people look so similar so outside the main cast I'm mostly going "wait, who's that?" :lol:

Edited by cookie
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

here is one for stereotypes in social class. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hollywood-madam-rich-men-dingy-081509280.html - Hollywood Madam: Want to stop human trafficking? Legalize consensual sex for money.

almost all of the comments from this article philosophically support prostitution.

can anyone think up some good deep think concept that will mentally scare culture away from legal prostitution?

shaming is an uphill battle, so I'm on the loosing side of this argument, but with some convincing images and messages that I could use on social media, I could get a head start with the brainwashing.

any good ideas for this will help to stick it to the man harder then what legalization offers in this circumstance...

what about....

if humanity makes all humans wealthy enough to make it harder to put a financial tag on sex-exchanges

then you could be looking to shame the business-minded people who back such prostitution propositions to begin with... (and put looser terms to it such as "rent")

it will make compensation different

every baby/child is raised with an amount of risk/uncertainty.  are our developing brains getting blocked from theoretical ambitions?  what stops us from growing?

as of now, it seems we are all free to overpopulate the planet and pollute it by spending

culture could destroy us, doing the same thing over and over again...

we need to invade the minds of kids in schools and tell them that their elders and their solutions are the enemy because they are not virgins, losers, in business, and lost rationality

Edited by Slave Animal Rights

Prostitution is legal in many places, it does not stop trafficking. Things can be "legal" but what they need is regulation. Not that that stops people doing illegal things but if consumers can pay for what they want to legal and proper services rather than dodgy ones then it can decrease the amount of illegal ones.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Prostitution is legal in many places, it does not stop trafficking. Things can be "legal" but what they need is regulation. Not that that stops people doing illegal things but if consumers can pay for what they want to legal and proper services rather than dodgy ones then it can decrease the amount of illegal ones.

legal prostitution but regulation??  I don't think that would work.  People are allowed to drink until they get sick.  People are allowed to fuck for an eternity as long as their is no financial price??

it sounds like our world leaders are doing a TERRIBLE job at accounting for everyone and their businesses

1 minute ago, Slave Animal Rights said:

legal prostitution but regulation??  I don't think that would work.  People are allowed to drink until they get sick.  People are allowed to fuck for an eternity as long as their is no financial price??

it sounds like our world leaders are doing a TERRIBLE job at accounting for everyone and their businesses

Drinking is highly regulated. In order to sell drinks, you have to apply for a licence, you have to have regular inspection by local authorities, etc. you have formal training

Regulation is always a good thing for everyone involved. (except greedy CEOs)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Premium George said:

Bumrah. Honestly my favorite cricketer currently.

Pitch was difficult and stoinis should have taken more singles with handscomb  and lyon. HC was not on strike for 2 overs straight at one point. Aus are missing warner in ODIs a lot. It's like real madrid without Ronaldo.

So, Shankar at 4th amd boots to Rayudu?

Yeah never been convinced by Rayudu tbh and Shankar looks a good batsman. Drop Rayudu when Hardik Pandya is fit to take the all-rounder spot. Also starting to think Dhawan might be on short notice with KL Rahul waiting but then again we know how well Dhawan does in ICC Tournaments especially in England lol.

Yeah Warner was by far our best ODI player and will be relieved once he comes back but still they should have chased down the 250. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah never been convinced by Rayudu tbh and Shankar looks a good batsman. Drop Rayudu when Hardik Pandya is fit to take the all-rounder spot. Also starting to think Dhawan might be on short notice with KL Rahul waiting but then again we know how well Dhawan does in ICC Tournaments especially in England lol.

Yeah Warner was by far our best ODI player and will be relieved once he comes back but still they should have chased down the 250. 

Aus is performing better than NZ.😉 

Before this month, I would have put money on Eng and Ind for this WC but after WI performance.....

They are still prime contenders, but not that ahead of others. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Yes, for sure. I got that even just with the first season and change. Not only is it condensed, but it's much easier (for me) to keep track of faces rather than names.

I personally think it’s worth watching the show then using the books as ways to dig deeper into the world if you’re interested in experiencing more of it.

Especially by Season 6 or so of the show, the cast becomes more of a chamber ensemble and arcs become clearer.  Some people don’t like this, as it certainly becomes more traditional in its storytelling, but I think I prefer it.  You can’t continually just break tropes for the sake of breaking them, the story needs to reach some form of cohesiveness.

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

I watched two episodes of GOT and halfway through the second one I got bored and turned it off.

utter waste of a blu ray purchase.

I’d work your way through at least the whole first season before making a judgement.  Episodes 1 - 4 are worldbuilding that you appreciate more in hindsight, then the plot starts to kick into gear around 5 or 6.

Edited by The Panda

Just now, The Panda said:

I’d work your way through at least the whole first season before making a judgement.  Episodes 1 - 4 are worldbuilding, then the plot starts to kick into gear around 5 or 6.

Man u really are bad at selling this show.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Man u really are bad at selling this show.

Am I supposed to lie and say “Yes!  Episode 1 starts with dragons burning shit down, fast paced and non-stop marvel action!”

The first episodes build the world, characters and intrigue.  Granted, a boy is pushed out of a window in episode 1 so it’s not like shit doesn’t happen at all.

19 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I’d work your way through at least the whole first season before making a judgement.  Episodes 1 - 4 are worldbuilding that you appreciate more in hindsight, then the plot starts to kick into gear around 5 or 6.

I have no judgement. I just cba to watch it cause it didn't keep me interest.

Edited by Avatree

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

GOT was HBO's successor to The Sopranos which means they'll probably find their next big phenomenon in the next couple of years.

not sure if true, see the major WB / HBO / ... 'reconstruction'

The controversial Michael Jackson doc attracted just 1.285 million viewers at 8pm on HBO. It was beaten by “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” “Beachfront Bargain Hunt,” and the survivalists series “Naked and Afraid,” all on cable.

If it had competed with network shows, “Leaving Neverland” tied with a rerun of “Bob’s Burger’s” on Fox.

“Leaving Neverland” had more publicity than any show in 2019 on any channel. It’s possible that the ratings will rise via repeated viewings over several days including other HBO outlets. But the build up to the 8pm showing on Sunday was the target, and it wasn’t the hot button everyone anticipated.

A million more viewers– 2.3 million– tuned into a Hallmark Hall of Fame cable romcom show called “When Calls the Heart,” just to give you an idea. And that was like watching warm milk cool.

Did the Jackson supporters warn people away from “Leaving Neverland”? Possibly. Or just the shock value? But in the end it may not have been worth it for HBO ratings-wise. On Saturday night, HBO scored a better total number at 8pm with a showing of a bad movie called “Skyscraper.”

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/03/05/ratings-leaving-neverland-not-a-ratings-smash-for-hbo-beaten-by-real-housewives-of-atlanta-beachfront-bargain-hunt-survivalists-show

Oprah and HBO betrayed Michael Jackson for nothing Tfloekn.gif

• Thanks 1