Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

The simultaneous releases of the final season of Game of Thrones and Avengers: Endgame feels like something of an "end of an era" for geekdom (even if it's not the official end for either since a prequel series is coming for the former and the latter will continue on even with some of its founding members putting away their costumes).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The simultaneous releases of the final season of Game of Thrones and Avengers: Endgame feels like something of an "end of an era" for geekdom (even if it's not the official end for either since a prequel series is coming for the former and the latter will continue on even with some of its founding members putting away their costumes).

and the big bang theory :ph34r:

btw I ain't got no time to watch the remaining seasons of GOT. I finished at around season 3, and I don't really have the time nor the urge to finish the remaining five. Maybe once the whole series wraps up I'll finish the show up.

Edited by CoolEric258

6 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I've supported RR since the inaugural IPL with Warne and Shane Watson. I suppose I had the option to change to CSK after players merged to be in RPSG (which the 2017 IPL Final still breaks ny heart). SRH has always been my 2nd fav though. Do you have a team?

I don't, but I have a soft spot for RR because of their first season.

59 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

btw I ain't got no time to watch the remaining seasons of GOT. I finished at around season 3, and I don't really have the time nor the urge to finish the remaining five. Maybe once the whole series wraps up I'll finish the show up.

Tbh there are a lot of filler episodes. This might be a hot take,  but it felt like it was a good thing once they ran out of source material and had to start making shit up on their own. At least the story progressed. Right now I am just here for the dragons. 

Okay, @Telemachos, I can tell you the truth now.  The Giants played like dog shit against the Padres, just so they could say APRIL FOOLS!!! to the Dodgers today.

Sure, they totally embarrassed themselves and looked utterly feckless in the process over the weekend, but it was totally worth it to pull off the jape today.  

Anything for the rivalry; I'm sure you understand. ;)

Edited by Porthos

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Okay, @Telemachos, I can tell you the truth now.  The Giants played like dog shit against the Padres, just so they could say APRIL FOOLS!!! to the Dodgers today.

Sure, they totally embarrassed themselves and looked utterly feckless in the process over the weekend, but it was totally worth it to pull off the jape today.  

Anything for the rivalry; I'm sure you understand. ;)

Baseball is the worst. :angry:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Federal Budget Night. 

Looks like Australia could be back in surplus this financial year for the first time since the GFC. 

It’s looking like I should get a tax cut of $500-1000 which is hopefully brought forward to this financial year. 

Edit:Yep, $1080 extra in my tax return in a few months. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Federal Budget Night. 

Looks like Australia could be back in surplus this financial year for the first time since the GFC. 

It’s looking like I should get a tax cut of $500-1000 which is hopefully brought forward to this financial year. 

Edit:Yep, $1080 extra in my tax return in a few months. 

Fuck we are in going massive in debt and taxes are going up with the Carbon Tax.

Fuck Trudeau lol 

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn 

Jesus Christ, Amor Maior was actually successful :rofl::rofl: :rofl: Positive proof that SIC's newfound audience is like old school TVI audience: they eat up anything.

Meanwhile, to no one's surprise, Inspector Max was an ultra failure at 7PM. What a shock.

TVI just needs to throw some classic Portuguese soap into that 2 PM slot. This is proof there was no need to buy a Mexican soap. They could air one of their own from the vault even if it is only 2-3 years old.

Well, it really was obvious that after they signed some players, Washington didn't want Harper back...if I was the owner, I'd be embarrassed this 2nd offer came out...https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bryce-harper-was-convinced-he-would-resign-with-nationals-until-he-got-their-offer-204935106.html

PS - And with the Phillies start this year, I'd say this was all to their gain, so I guess I should thank Washington, too:)...

• ...wtf 1

8 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Fuck we are in going massive in debt and taxes are going up with the Carbon Tax.

Fuck Trudeau lol 

Someone should tell Trudeau if he's serious about reducing carbon, stop digging oil out of the ground and exporting it to the US.

Lets see how the loss of $68bn of exports affects his opimion on carbon reduction.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Someone should tell Trudeau if he's serious about reducing carbon, stop digging oil out of the ground and exporting it to the US.

Lets see how the loss of $68bn of exports affects his opimion on carbon reduction.

Carbon tax is a way to punish the average person to be more green while government and big business failed people for decades. 

I dont have an issue but I want a reduction in taxes.

This whole bait and switch of we will tax you now and maybe give you back some money a year latter is so annoying. 

Edited by Lordmandeep