Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Venice Film Festival (and awards season) officially commences today. Here's when everything on our radar will be screened:

Tomorrow: Ad Astra, Marriage Story

Saturday: Joker (lol the thread for that will probably turn out to be a mess regardless of what kind of reception it gets)

Sunday: The Laundromat

Monday: The King

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, the soap is destined to tank. Again, I don't think MasterChef will tank just yet. We'll see if Did You Get The Message (the Raminhos show) can fight it off or not. The show is very good but I don't think fits Sunday too well. Would be better off as a Saturday show like Comedy On The Edge. Either way, MasterChef will probably round out the 9/10% rating range for the time being, then it will sink when it faces the Cristina-hosted Golden Globes and will finally die for good when Married premieres.

On the plus side, TVI just announced two big things: a new Pedro Fernandes game show and that Fátima is on the process of being swapped out for Goucha in the afternoons, which I guess would leave her as Maria's partner in the morning. But the Goucha show is being announced as on the Júlia style, which will be a huge fail as that's not the Goucha style and it's just more of the fucking same. Plus, who even likes Goucha anymore? If it were fun and lively like Você na TV, it'd be good competition, but alas. The game show might be either a 7PM or a Saturday choice, depending on whether they're still gonna go ahead with more Raid The Cage.

Masterchef is gonna be doing 15% share in no time.

Stop with this Raid The Cage nonsense. Put the new game show at 7 PM. Fátima needs a new show, and it is clear by the announcement that she isn't going to the mornings so MCC will stay there alone for now. The mornings can go to the 7 PM Gawd when Filipa Garnel finally makes him an offer he can't refuse.

I am not against changing Goucha's style. People are clearly tired of him in Você na TV, so trying the exact same thing in the afternoons would just flop as well. Going with something new isn't a bad thing.

Edited by CJohn

25 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Masterchef is gonna be doing 15% share in no time.

Stop with this Raid The Cage nonsense. Put the new game show at 7 PM. Fátima needs a new show, and it is clear by the announcement that she isn't going to the mornings so MCC will stay there alone for now. The mornings can go to the 7 PM Gawd when Filipa Garnel finally makes him an offer he can't refuse.

I am not against changing Goucha's style. People are clearly tired of him in Você na TV, so trying the exact same thing in the afternoons would just flop as well. Going with something new isn't a bad thing.

We'll see. The marketing campaign has been Goddamn abysmal - and that's not to say non-fucking-existant - and it will go against a Benfica game on cable. So it definitely has its work cut out. But I still believe that it will remain in the 17/18% range until the Golden Globes, which will blow it away. The Raminhos show is still an unsure thing imo, but you could very well be right given the way TVI works atm.

I agree, no more Raid The Cage, ffs, the show is dead. They were lucky that it was still doing decent results in February, months after Cristina departed and a month after O Programa had already premiered in the other side, but Rita Pereira killed it for good.

Fátima is keeping Conta-me como És, the interview show on Saturdays, and they said she'll be moved to other slots. No mention of daytime in specific, so I can see it that she may be getting prepped for a big entertainment format. But I actually wouldn't mind seeing her and Maria together in the mornings in a The View-style show. Would probably work better than the zombiefied Você na TV.

I honestly don't think that the 7PM Gawd is going to TVI unless he's bringing The Price Is Right with him. And I doubt RTP will ever want to let go of their one eternal cash cow, so that's probably not gonna happen. If anything, they could get their hands on Palmeirim, but even that's gonna be difficult given how Joker won't end until next year and he's still got The Voice this year.

It's not a bad thing from a watchability perspective, but it will flop just as bad or worse as if he kept the same style, because this change of style would imply that he's just ripping off the Júlia style and that has not worked with Fátima, who is still sympathetic with the public, in the slightest. The afternoon talk show needs to be an alternative, not just a copy-paste.

EDIT: Just announced - First Dates repeat has been cancelled and A Tarde é Sua will now go until 8PM. GOOD. Also, Cabelo Pantene repeat will replace Somos Portugal at midday on Sundays. BAD.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

14 hours ago, 2010s Painkiller Race said:

lol at that scene in Field of Dreams where he kidnaps James Earl Jones to see a baseball game with him.

it reminds me back in like 2004 when I would pay to have someone go with me and would get high with the possibility of them requesting to pull out of the mission to the theater

What a JOKE our government is. Prime Minister needs to be removed from position.

Government has managed to get approval (from the queen) to shut down parliament until mid October. This is basically so that opposing representatives are unable to try to get any laws or bills passed that would prevent Brexit from happening at end of October. 

Disgusting behaviour and I dont know how this is possible to happen. This is not what I voted for.

Edited by Avatree

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

What a JOKE our government is. Prime Minister needs to be removed from position.

Government has managed to get approval (from the queen) to shut down parliament until mid October. This is basically so that opposing representatives are unable to try to get any laws or bills passed that would prevent Brexit from happening at end of October. 

Disgusting behaviour and I dont know how this is possible to happen. This is not what I voted for.

I say good on him, and I was always a remainer 

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Venice Film Festival (and awards season) officially commences today. Here's when everything on our radar will be screened:

Tomorrow: Ad Astra, Marriage Story

Saturday: Joker (lol the thread for that will probably turn out to be a mess regardless of what kind of reception it gets)

Sunday: The Laundromat

Monday: The King

Also Koreeda's first English language film is premiering there today.

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

Well I think Boris is taking the UK down a wrong path but compared to May he is putting it on some path then just randomness really.

I am not supporting Boris but that is why I think why he still tops the polls. 

30 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol

TBH thats just a customer support dude stating their policy. I doubt it would get picked up by scanners in luggage. I mean its just a god damn ball with a lid.

8 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

We'll see. The marketing campaign has been Goddamn abysmal - and that's not to say non-fucking-existant - and it will go against a Benfica game on cable. So it definitely has its work cut out. But I still believe that it will remain in the 17/18% range until the Golden Globes, which will blow it away. The Raminhos show is still an unsure thing imo, but you could very well be right given the way TVI works atm.

I agree, no more Raid The Cage, ffs, the show is dead. They were lucky that it was still doing decent results in February, months after Cristina departed and a month after O Programa had already premiered in the other side, but Rita Pereira killed it for good.

Fátima is keeping Conta-me como És, the interview show on Saturdays, and they said she'll be moved to other slots. No mention of daytime in specific, so I can see it that she may be getting prepped for a big entertainment format. But I actually wouldn't mind seeing her and Maria together in the mornings in a The View-style show. Would probably work better than the zombiefied Você na TV.

I honestly don't think that the 7PM Gawd is going to TVI unless he's bringing The Price Is Right with him. And I doubt RTP will ever want to let go of their one eternal cash cow, so that's probably not gonna happen. If anything, they could get their hands on Palmeirim, but even that's gonna be difficult given how Joker won't end until next year and he's still got The Voice this year.

It's not a bad thing from a watchability perspective, but it will flop just as bad or worse as if he kept the same style, because this change of style would imply that he's just ripping off the Júlia style and that has not worked with Fátima, who is still sympathetic with the public, in the slightest. The afternoon talk show needs to be an alternative, not just a copy-paste.

EDIT: Just announced - First Dates repeat has been cancelled and A Tarde é Sua will now go until 8PM. GOOD. Also, Cabelo Pantene repeat will replace Somos Portugal at midday on Sundays. BAD.

TVI already tried Vasco Palmeirim in the last and RTP doubled down on him. I think both he and Fernando Mendes will need big ass paychecks and guarantees from TVI that they will have daily shows for a couple of years plus prime time entertainement on weekends. 

Also, TVI is just repeating shows that were flops on their first runs? What is the point of that lmao? To flop harder?

Also, what a bizarre situation with Angelo Rodrigues. He is on a really bad state. I think he might actually die and even if he survives we wont hear of him at least until late 2020. He was operated (is this how you say it in english?) 3 times in 48 hours and all were successfull but his kidneys and heart are failing.

Edited by CJohn