Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I tried Quibi.

The rotation function is amazing. Portrait is just not the way i think people would watch this content. It's great for people that don't want to pause a show when they need to maneuver and shuffle around, but if you're in a comfortable position then it's not very useful.

The content is way too demanding to be watched on a phone. It feels like they misunderstood why people watch content on the phone: its because the phone might be the only screen we have access to at that particular moment, or the content we want to watch is TikTok/YouTube junk.

Quibi wants to be a Premium Youtube, but we dont watch Premium content on our phones because we want to.

Quibi's "junk" content is way too overproduced to be watched comfortably on a phone screen (same goes for the dramatic content), they all look and sound like professionally made shows, from costumes to set design to editing. YouTube's DIY cheap and fast approach to content feels fine on phones. I never feel as if i'm missing anything if I look away, I dont have to pay that much attention.

Even if they let their shows cast to TV I think the 5 minute length works against their favour. Some of these shows should be 15 minutes at the least. 5 minute Youtube vids on TV can also be annoying, I don't want to find a new video every 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

@CoolioD1 Your boy's back

Speaking of Peacock...

So I know that nostalgia is all the rage. I know that people are gluttonous for anything that came out when they were stupid kids.

But who the hell asked for Punky Brewster to come back? Did a single soul really want to see her all grown up? Where is the demand for this? This is gonna be like when they brought back Murphy Brown a couple years ago.

44 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Speaking of Peacock...

So I know that nostalgia is all the rage. I know that people are gluttonous for anything that came out when they were stupid kids.

But who the hell asked for Punky Brewster to come back? Did a single soul really want to see her all grown up? Where is the demand for this? This is gonna be like when they brought back Murphy Brown a couple years ago.

This reminds me that when 2010s nostalgia starts to kick in all of the nostalgic revivals will be nostalgic revivals lol.

On 4/15/2020 at 7:48 PM, CJohn said:

BB2020 can't start during a freaking pandemic ffs.

Yeah, but they're gonna go ahead with it.

It's gonna spark controversy just like the news fuck up about the North of the country. TVI can't stop shooting themselves in the foot.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

The Spice Girls movie is actually kinda great. Not as good as the Josie and the Pussycat movie but still a lot of fun and a lot more satirical and surreal than I expected it to be. The Spice Girls clearly aren't good actors but it's servicable for this kind of movie and Richard E. Grant is absolutely hilarious in it. Really, a perfect movie if anyone's feeling bored or depressed right now. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

lol this is on in less than 15 minutes. With movies delayed and theme parks closed Disney is turning to star-studded tributes from home to keep people entertained (they reportedly even got Zac Efron to be a part of the High School Musical reunion). Bring on this mess.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

lol this is on in less than 15 minutes. With movies delayed and theme parks closed Disney is turning to star-studded tributes from home to keep people entertained (they reportedly even got Zac Efron to be a part of the High School Musical reunion). Bring on this mess.

The only performance that matters

12 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

RIP Brian Dennehy. What a wonderful, imposing presence he was. 

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/brian-dennehy-dead-dies-tommy-boy-first-blood-1234582309/

Edit:Deleted tweet. Apparently he never served in Vietnam. 

Every time someone famous dies now I’m reminded of the scene in War of the Worlds where Dakota Fanning’s character asks, “Is it the terrorists?”

Is it the coronavirus?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Every time someone famous dies now I’m reminded of the scene in War of the Worlds where Dakota Fanning’s character asks, “Is it the terrorists?”

Is it the coronavirus?

Honestly it feels like 2016 where if you saw someone's name trending you feared they might have died except in 2020 it's you fear they might have been diagnosed with COVID-19. Hate it.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Honestly it feels like 2016 where if you saw someone's name trending you feared they might have died except in 2020 it's you fear they might have been diagnosed with COVID-19. Hate it.

The confusing one in Australia is the name Paul Kelly. There’s 3 of them. The deputy chief medical officer, a well known political commentator and a well known singer. You never know what’s going on when that name starts trending.