Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

30 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@Porthoswith the SCOWIS race, this picture deserves to be in the all time political pantheon. Might have single handedly turned Wisconsin politics upside-down

Fs6styIagAAvZtr?format=jpg&name=large

Definitely an "If you know, you know" backstory.

Ben Wikler worked a decade for tonight.

*Googles*

*fails*

*Googles some more*

*keeps failing*

*Googles even more*

Ah.  

Apparently there are indeed limits to How Online I am as I had no idea about this backstory.  

(I view this as a good thing, BTW 👍)

30 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*Googles*

*fails*

*Googles some more*

*keeps failing*

*Googles even more*

Ah.  

Apparently there are indeed limits to How Online I am as I had no idea about this backstory.  

(I view this as a good thing, BTW 👍)

It's folklore now. This one homecoming date might have changed Wisconsin's entire political landscape. Still funny how easily Cheeto's ego gets hurt.

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Bragging about this on here because literally no one I know irl knows who the guy even is but Im seeing Apichatpong Weerasethakul today. 

I was only there for an hour (stupid classes) so I missed most of it, but his short Emerald might be the most overwhelming thing I've seen all year. Weerasethakul himself is pretty much the kinda guy I expected him to be. He expressed some really wonderful ideas about physical space and memories and love.

Edited by lorddemaxus

10 minutes ago, Eric is Gay for Bowser said:

@lorddemaxus so was this like a college event? Or is this like The Fabelmans where you got handpicked to meet him?

It was an event as part of a retrospective of his career at my uni's art and film museum. They had Ethan and Joel Coen, and France Mcdormand (I think they screened Fargo and Women Talking) here in January and Kelly Reichardt (screened all her films) last month. I found out too late about those tho.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, filmlover said:

At this point any famous dude should just be like "nope" and walk in the other direction if she approaches them :lol:.

Six years is a good run, and he'll always be a Grammy winner. Any other actors out there having trouble with the G portion of the EGOT?

I would love the chaos if she and Harry Styles reunited. Imagine the joint album, the collective insanity of the Gaylors and the Larries...

18 hours ago, grim22 said:

WTAF. Is there no such thing as shame anymore?

Nope, there is not.

There was a time not that long ago when being indicted for a felony would end anybody's political career even before the trial.

Not anymore.