Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

LOL, quite the promo for "Brother From Another Mother", I have to say...

“In Greece a few years ago, we’re sitting around talking about how close we are and our families,” McConaughey continued. “And my mom is there, and she says, ‘Woody, I knew your dad.’ Everyone was aware of the ellipses that my mom left after ‘knew.’ It was a loaded K-N-E-W.”

The revelation led McConaughey to investigate his family history. He said, “We went on to unpack what this ‘knew’ meant and did some math and found out that [Harrelson’s] dad was on furlough at the same time that my mom and dad were in their second divorce. Then there’s possible receipts and places out in West Texas where there might have been a gathering, or a meeting, or a ‘knew’ moment.”

Whether or not this real-life question factors into the Apple TV+ comedy series remains to be seen. The actors have not yet decided to take a DNA test to get proof about a potential family connection between them.

Wild, and that's before learning why Woody Harrelson's dad has his own Wikipedia page...

In the world of Sports, the Washington DC NFL team, the "Commanders" (formally known as the Red Skins) will be sold for Six Billion to a group  including Magic Johnson, ending the disasterous reign of Dan Snyder, who took the once proud Franchise into a 20 year decline, making the the laughing stock of the NFL. Easily the worst owner in sports.

Great news for the DC fans, bad news for other fans, since if the team gets better they can no longer count on their team having an easy win over the DC team, which you could expect with Snyder in charge.

On 1/18/2023 at 10:10 PM, Porthos said:

ngl.

This whole "Light the Beam" chant is one of the most inspired rallying cries that was cooked up by a sports marketing team in a long time. 

(it's so good and Sacto fans have embraced it so much that it's actually taking over arenas in away games when the Kings are winning)

I mean, it's one thing for Light the Beam chants to break out at a Clippers home game.  Even though they've been really good lately they're still the Clippers and thus not that entrenched in LA hearts and minds.  But for a Light the Beam chant to break out at a Lakers home game???  And not a quiet chant either?

Well just goes to show how much Kings fans have rallied around this.

(16 years of frustration will do that to a fanbase)

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: 

(series is a loooong way from being over, but my take about Light The Beam? Oh yes, one of the best rallying cries in sports, ever.  Probably the best I can remember since the [in]famous Rally Monkey from the Anaheim Angels back in the day)

1 hour ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I'm not dead, guys. Man it's been a while. I'm glad the box office is healing. 

It's healing, but it won't ever get back, overall, to pre 2020 levels.

The loss to streaming is big and will be permenent. 

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

anyone else just completely disregard the opinions of people without profile pics on here

Nah. I wait for a reason. Enough people with profile pics worth disregarding, and enough people without worth worth listening to for that to be a hard rule.

Looks like that Disney/Sony streaming deal is starting to kick in a couple of years after they signed it (both the Maguire trilogy and the Garfield movies are landing tomorrow while Homecoming and the first Venom premiere on the service next month). Imagine that the animated movies and select library titles (Ghostbusters, Jumanji, Men in Black, etc.) are what's going to make up the rest of that output.

Spider-Man, Venom movies to hit Disney Plus for first time in April - Polygon