Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, RandomCat said:

Man needs to pick his projects better.

Pratt shaping up to be the most successful of the Marvel Chris gang thanks to taking every voiceover acting gig there is. Smart man.

Poor Ana though. When's she getting a project that's actually worthy of her charm?

Today I learned that, even if it's the first day a movie is showing, individual theaters can just....cancel the showings.

Because I tried to walk up to Chevalier today and they went "Sorry, we were playing it today, but now we're not."

First time for everything, I guess :(

The manager emailed me with "We didn't receive it in time for it to be screened and checked", and I can appreciate the hope that they held onto believing that they would have it by 9 AM this morning to check.

They didn't, but I appreciate it.

Edited by Morieris

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

Today I learned that, even if it's the first day a movie is showing, individual theaters can just....cancel the showings.

Because I tried to walk up to Chevalier today and they went "Sorry, we were playing it today, but now we're not."

First time for everything, I guess :(

The manager emailed me with "We didn't receive it in time for it to be screened and checked", and I can appreciate the hope that they held onto believing that they would have it by 9 AM this morning to check.

They didn't, but I appreciate it.

That really sucks. It's nice that the manager emailed you.

Canceling screenings was a huge thing during No Way Home's opening weekend. Nightmare Alley opened, too, and there were a lot of anecdotal social media reports from people with tickets who had their showtimes yanked, so theaters could show more Spider-Man. I get the business decision, but it's disrespectful to the fans who'd traveled to the theater. Nightmare Alley did ride the "unjustly screwed over" narrative to a surprise Best Picture nomination, at least...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

That really sucks. It's nice that the manager emailed you.

Canceling screenings was a huge thing during No Way Home's opening weekend. Nightmare Alley opened, too, and there were a lot of anecdotal social media reports from people with tickets who had their showtimes yanked, so theaters could show more Spider-Man. I get the business decision, but it's disrespectful to the fans who'd traveled to the theater. Nightmare Alley did ride the "unjustly screwed over" narrative to a surprise Best Picture nomination, at least...

Whoa, now I would have been mad at that. Truthfully, when I checked the times this morning, I thought they had abandoned Chevalier for more Mario screenings at first, but then the theater was nearly empty.

They set aside some passes for me, so hopefully I can see it next week.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Porthos said:

It took me the longest time to figure out what the hell you were talking about here. :lol: 

(at least I'm fairly certain :ph34r:)

*does a double take*

JESUS CHRIST, HOW DID IT GET THAT HIGH!!! :o

Yordan is an OK player

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, belblazer said:

jjj-laugh.png

Can't decide if it's more pathetic that Mr Twitter Owner admitted he's paying for some stars who rejected Twitter Blue to have it anyway, or how the people who forked over for it are mad about the mockery and claiming that the $8 was the price for "free speech".

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Can't decide if it's more pathetic that Mr Twitter Owner admitted he's paying for some stars who rejected Twitter Blue to have it anyway, or how the people who forked over for it are mad about the mockery and claiming that the $8 was the price for "free speech".

How about giving everyone who has more than 1m followers a free blue check whether they wanted it or not? 

(including, I might add, folks who have been dead for years but still had Twitter accounts)

Edited by Porthos

10 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Didn't even know about that, yikes.

Well, it wasn't confirmed as an hour ago or so when I last looked into it, but earlier today a sudden raft of high profile accounts got a blue checkmark and after some investigation the only common denominator was 1m+ followers.  A lot of folks got distracted by the dril/Elon spat, but others noted that a whole host of other folks got their checkmarks restored/added and then it wasn't hard at all to notice what was the same about all of them.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Well, it wasn't confirmed as an hour ago or so when I last looked into it, but earlier today a sudden raft of high profile accounts got a blue checkmark and after some investigation the only common denominator was 1m+ followers.  A lot of folks got distracted by the dril/Elon spat, but others noted that a whole host of other folks got their checkmarks restored/added and then it wasn't hard at all to notice what was the same about all of them.

It's really funny to see Muskrat burning his reputation in real-time. He was looked upon as a genius before he got a Twitter account, now

af515d5ffb762d48f3664d2f69153b50dbbcd6f4

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's really funny to see Muskrat burning his reputation in real-time. He was looked upon as a genius before he got a Twitter account, now

af515d5ffb762d48f3664d2f69153b50dbbcd6f4

Got admit, I was thinking about your six month Twitter Implosion prediction yesterday and saying to myself, "Well, doesn't look like it'll happen by then but Elon sure is giving it the ol' college try at the last minute!"  

(okay, it was more noting the irony of pulling this verified stunt [and burning even more Twitter credibility to the ground in the process] nearly six months to the day of his takeover, but close enuf)